Bored? 20 Smartphone Games For Dull Moments

Status
Not open for further replies.

choirbass

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
[citation][nom]sixbone[/nom]what's up with SMB 3, i was hoping to find and emulator....[/citation]

theres several emulators for ios, you need to jailbreak though to get them through cydia.

thorkle

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
Please ban that spammer... Also, why aren't any emulators listed? The emulators clearly are able to have better games than anything listen here... Except for maybe doodle jump and angry birds; those games are pretty dang addicting.

L0tus

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
A lot of these games are just mindlessly dull.

I want a game with some actual meat on it (i.e. storyline, complexity) eg Pokemon, Super Mario World ... y'know the stuff we used to play on the NES etc

khaydin

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2008
They already have a Words With Friends type game for Android, it's called WordWise Pro or Free. It's been out for several months.

pozaks

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
So there's a lot of talk about phones replacing handhelds in the next year or two. Simply by their ubiquity and depending on how well Nin/Sony's new consoles do, they might be right.

So then we have stuff like this to look forward to--as "handheld gaming"-- instead of Mario & Luigi, God of War, GTA, Final Fantasies, Ridge Racer, DS Castlevanias.

Woopie, then. Some crap that's simpler than most flash games, while not being free.

G

If you're on Android I'd recommend ShokoRocket - it's a Chu Chu Rocket clone, and it's fricking awesome. The puzzles are a bit devious, it actually makes you think.

I get the impression the author only has experience with an iPhone, the only Android stuff here is ports

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
i managed to get duke nukem 3D when it was free on the app store, that is my only app store game. rest are form JB market, such as PSX emulator, SNES,NES,GB,GBA, wolfenstine 3d, conway's game of life. i have n64 emulator, but controls and performance are terrible, just needs a faster CPU an classic wiimote compatibility and it will be awesome.

G

Ka-Gloom is also available for windows as I have it on my HTC touch pro

Status
Not open for further replies.