Bose 251 replacement speakers

waxcylinder

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016
A woodpecker pecked a hole in the paper cone of one of the two small speakers in my bose 251 outdoor speaker! (I had temporarily removed the grille to clean it) What is the part number for this speaker? Any suggestions on how I could replace just the speaker? I cannot find it listed anywhere online and Bose support said: "Buy a new pair of speakers".....:sarcastic:

Solution
I'll put another vote in for patching, if the hole isn't too large. Since this is an outdoor speaker, I'd suggest something more like a waterproof patch that'd you'd use to fix a rain jacket or something thin like that. If it's a really small hole, you could get away with dabbing some resin around and in the hole and call it good.
If you do a search for Bose 251 on ebay, the only thing that comes up is the full speaker sets, no parts. Remove the speaker, look at the specs, measure it, buy a replacement speaker that same size. Won't sound as good but will work. Or remove the speaker and patch it.

ien2222

Distinguished
I'll put another vote in for patching, if the hole isn't too large. Since this is an outdoor speaker, I'd suggest something more like a waterproof patch that'd you'd use to fix a rain jacket or something thin like that. If it's a really small hole, you could get away with dabbing some resin around and in the hole and call it good.

Solution
Jul 5, 2019
I pulled my 10-year-old 251's out of storage recently only to discover that 3 of the 4 twiddlers had failed. I called Bose and they fixed the speakers for $75, shipping included.