Bose and RCA tv

Jul 14, 2018
I have a RCA tv and a Bose surround sound system. It is connected to a cable box and fire stick. Now when I switch video input to watch the fire stick I can still hear audio from the cable box and not the fire stick. I have an optical cable going from the surround sound to my cable box and the red white audio cords going to the tv.

Solution
Are you sure that you don't have an audio input on the TV connected to an audio input on the Bose?
We can't check if your TV has an analog audio output without the model number,
In any case you can connect the optical cable to the TV instead of the cable box. Then you will get audio from everything connected to the TV. Check the TV manual how to turn on and use that output. You will get better sound on the firestick this way in any case.
Are you sure that you don't have an audio input on the TV connected to an audio input on the Bose?
We can't check if your TV has an analog audio output without the model number,
In any case you can connect the optical cable to the TV instead of the cable box. Then you will get audio from everything connected to the TV. Check the TV manual how to turn on and use that output. You will get better sound on the firestick this way in any case.

Solution