Question Bose companion 50 Audio Output via 3.5 mm audio jack

Jul 20, 2020
I have connected my Bose Companion 50 speakers using a 3.5mm jack to my smart tv. While watching Netflix, prime video, other online streaming services the audio output specially on dialogues is very low which is giving me a hard time controlling the volume for action scenes ans dialogues.

Is there something I can do to get a proper volume for dialogues and action scenes both without having to play around with teh volume levels ?

Jul 20, 2020
Check the audio setup on the TV, see if there is an option to set it specifically to stereo. Your issue is that the audio is trying to play as surround sound using a dedicated center channel for speech, which your speakers don't have, so it's low.
I am using a MI TV 4A PRO 43" which does not have a sound option to select stereo. Is there a Audio Dac which can be connected to my 3.5mm jack and then to the Tv or speakers which might help in boosting the sound. I have also tried using a bluetooth receiver via the 3.5mm jack but that did not help either.

The headphone jack you connected the Bose speakers to is stereo only so there won't be anything you can change in the TV menu to affect that.
A DAC can't be connected to an analog output.
Try connecting headphones to the jack to see if dialogue is low. If the same thing happens then the headphone jack might be wired out of phase. That might cause any mono information, like dialogue, to be cancelled.

Reactions: iammine
Jul 20, 2020
The output from headphone jack is just fine as I an hear all the dialogues and other sounds clearly. ..
One final advise...can I connect an amplifier to my TV and then plug the headphone jack to it...with that help?