Question Bose QC20 hum/buzzing

Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonBear

Honorable
Apr 19, 2015
Hey all,

Wondering if someone has an idea on a current issue im having. I have seen a bunch of post of similar issues and i think i have gone through and tried most of the solutions.

I have a pair of Bose QuietComfort 20 acoustic noise cancelling headphones and when i plug them into my compter (rear or front I/O panel) via stero 3.5mm and switch on the noise cancelling i get a humming or dull buzzing.

The following are some things i have tried.

1. 4 pole splitter cable to 3 pole - to only plug in sound and no mic.
  2. usb to 3.5mm audio adapter (no mic)
  3. Besign ground loop isolater along with option 1.
  4. The splitter from (1) with the ground loop isolater (3) and unplugging all other devices on computer

None of the above seem to make a difference. The Besign ground loop isoloater makes a very very slight reduction but thats about it.

If i plug the bose QC 20's into another computer they seem to work fine and have no hum/buz.

To end , i also have a ATH-A990z headset that works fine with no hum/buzz on the same computer. Im starting to think maybe the QC20 are broken but unsure as to why the hum/buz only appears when plugged into my computer and not other machines.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Nov 29, 2021
I have the same issue. I use an apple keyboard which is alum surround, if I touch that the humming noise goes. So does seem like a grounding issue. Since like you, I touch my computer and the humming stops. I would love to understand if its possible to stop this noise also.

I only get the buzzing in the left ear pc. Now the mess on the opening did slip, and I had to remove it, Not sure if that causes the issue, since I only get the humming whilst in NC mode.

Last edited:

LemonBear

Honorable
Apr 19, 2015
I have the same issue. I use an apple keyboard which is alum surround, if I touch that the humming noise goes. So does seem like a grounding issue. Since like you, I touch my computer and the humming stops. I would love to understand if its possible to stop this noise also.

I only get the buzzing in the left ear pc. Now the mess on the opening did slip, and I had to remove it, Not sure if that causes the issue, since I only get the humming whilst in NC mode.

also the qc20's? have you tried a usb adapater or anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.