Bose soundock portable to samsung tv

skimpyboy1984

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
Hi Guys - new to this and looking for a bit of help.
I have a Bose soundock portable (series 2 i think 2007-14) which I've had for a few years and I didnt even realise I could potentially hook it up to my TV to act as a surround sound type set up?
I tried this the other day after reading a few posts but couldnt quite get it working.
I am basically using a male to male headphone cable 3.5mm. Put one end of the cable in the back of my bose soundock audio in port and the other in the headphone port in my samsung tv. I was expecting the TV audio to then come through the bose speaker but instead it just makes a loud high pitched noise (white noise type thing). so it like its found something but not the audio from my tv. the TV itself has the headphone icon on the volume control like its connected but no sound coming from TV or bose at this point. Need to remove connection from headhone port on tv to re-establish sound to tv.
where am i going wrong? is there a setting i need to change on the tv or bose to get it picking up my tv audio?

Solution
First connect headphones to the TV to make sure that that works OK. It's normal for the TV speakers to go off when you plug into the headphone jack.
Second turn the TV volume way down.Set the Bose volume to where you usually set it. Connect the Bose and select the aux input (it's not automatic). Bring the TV volume up until the level is good. If the TV level is too high it will distort no matter how low you turn the Bose volume down.
First connect headphones to the TV to make sure that that works OK. It's normal for the TV speakers to go off when you plug into the headphone jack.
Second turn the TV volume way down.Set the Bose volume to where you usually set it. Connect the Bose and select the aux input (it's not automatic). Bring the TV volume up until the level is good. If the TV level is too high it will distort no matter how low you turn the Bose volume down.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS