Boy Banned from US After Drunk-emailing Obama

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

captainnemojr

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Didn't Obama call someone a Jackass? Weird how you can burn US flags and it's protected speech and stuff but a drunken email with a bad name call in it gets a ban-for-life?

TheDuke

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
[citation][nom]garyshome[/nom]I thought that this country was supposed to support Free Speech.[/citation]

i say it's similar to screaming fire in crowded theater
there are limits to free speech

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
[citation][nom]garyshome[/nom]I thought that this country was supposed to support Free Speech.[/citation]
It does support freedom of speech, but 2 different things are happening. First the student is not an American citizen, nor was he in the US. Secondly by threatening someone else (which is what sending an abusive and threatening email does) intrudes their amendments rights to happiness. So yes we do support freedom of speech but not if it directly affects others' rights (also keep in mind the President of the US is someone that our government takes threats more seriously).

letsgetsteve

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
I'm glad i live in Canada where the optimus prime minister only needs to defend against pies and KFC cutlery..... and he can do it himself. lol

face-plants

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]killerchickens[/nom]This is definitely how I wan't our governments time and money to be spent.[/citation]

Waste of time and resources. Go catch some real bad guys

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Looks very childish. What if this guy is the only one who can save the country from some disaster in the future?? Will they let him in?

marraco

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
What an stupid reason to ban a visitor.

If it were on Iran, newspapers would be all in the rage about how dictatorship and bully is the government.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
[citation][nom]azcoyote[/nom]Just very British apparently....[/citation]

WhaWhat a mean thing to say to your closest ally or at least the nation that hates you the least in a world of anti-American sentiment. What would the "American" thing to do when one is fully inebriated?

hamthony

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Wow, yet people can spue anti american hate speach left and right and we have to show compasion and understanding, but you call the president a not so naughty word and get banned? President got thin skin? Um, abuse of power and why the heck does the president and secret service have free time for this??????

G

I'm sure the kid said something really racist to our black president. Who needs people like that in the US?

fatdoi

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
i thought tourism is trying to promote their country again? doesn't make good impression on people potentially want to spend their $ on police state like this one....

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]killerchickens[/nom]This is definitely how I wan't our governments time and money to be spent.[/citation]
Mmm. And our tax dollars from schools, right? Especially the English classes.

mcvf

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]bsbsbsbs[/nom]Where'd he get the email address from?[/citation]

I don't know, but maybe it is barack.obama@whitehouse.gov :)

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
"The police who came round took my picture and told me I was banned from America forever."

hahahahaaaa no great loss, besides you can always cross from the mexican border and someday soon you'll get a blanket pardon.

seriously tho over half of afganistan and pakistan and iraq along with most of the other muslims in the arab world say the same thing, yet we still import them by the thousands, just ask theone who helped some guys fly planes into sky scrapers.

seems like a certain president can't handle a lil kid calling him bad names. wonder what he's going to do to us for signing a petition to have him impeached for failing to do his sworn duty and uphold the (immigration) laws of the united states specifically the ones billy clinton signed back in 1995.

Status
Not open for further replies.