Boy Falls onto Train Tracks While Playing PSP

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]do we need more legislation to keep our stupidity from hurting us?[/citation]
Protecting us form our own stupidity does NOT help, it just allows everyone to be even more stupid.

randomizer

Distinguished
It's good to see how concerned everyone on the platform is for the kid. There was at least one person looking at him when he fell, and they walked slowly over like they were just going to see if the train was coming.

f4phantom2500

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
one day, back when i was in 6th grade, i was walking home from school playing pokemon red on my gameboy (this was when pokemon red was new and obviously the shit). i walked about 20 or 30 feet past my grandma's house...when i looked up and stopped, realizing that i was about 2 stops away from busy 40~50mph traffic on a major road coming right out of downtown dallas.

f4phantom2500

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
one day, back when i was in 6th grade, i was walking home from school playing pokemon red on my gameboy (this was when pokemon red was new and obviously the shit). i walked about 20 or 30 feet past my grandma's house...when i looked up and stopped, realizing that i was about 2 stops away from busy 40~50mph traffic on a major road coming right out of downtown dallas.

f4phantom2500

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010

id10terror

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
f4,

Ah yes, I'm pretty sure we all have good Grandma's House youthful indiscretion story. Mine's Atari + Dog's + messy carpet -Atari +spanking = chew toy

n00bxqb

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Ugh, this reminds me of the kid in my town who got hit by a train this summer. He was walking down the tracks with his back to the train, playing a game on his iPod while listening to music full blast, so he didn't hear the train coming. The train couldn't brake in time and ended up hitting the kid, but it sounded its horn and slowed enough to not kill him (kid got a broken leg, broken jaw, other scrapes and bruises).

The kid's parents have a pending lawsuit against the rail company for some ridiculous sum of money AND have pressed criminal charges against the rail company and the engineer. It's clearly the rail company's fault that the kid is a friggin' retard and should be up for a Darwin award.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
well if this happened in the good ol USA the parents would probably try to sue the rail company or even Sony. because you know they don't believe there kids don't make dumb mistakes so it everyone else's fault

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
That was funny. What's not funny is that this boy is either a complete moron or has issues with his peripheral vision. I've texted while walking, etc and have never run into anything in my life.

dingo_d

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Stupidity of the kid! But he could do worse. I knew a guy who was hit by a train because he had headphones on and didn't look at the crossings... But that's really stupidity, not the fault of the subway/train station or technology...

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
About the stupid boy walking down the tracks... When a train is moving about 50~60mph, it can quickly come across an idiot on the tracks. So the operator blows his own, wonder WTF is someone on the tracks, but they'll move any second.

The train should have run over the kid and not stop, that is how it is in India... but you also have people living and working 2 feet from the rails.

I think the rail company should sue the parents for getting their kids blood on the train.

Funny video, Korea. Wheelchair rage in which the guy rams an elevator, breaking the doors and falling to his death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS