Brand new asus x555u not charging or turning on.

Jul 6, 2018
So ive just received a new Asus X555U laptop today, and upon opening it and plugging it in, it neither turns on, nor shows any indication of charging on the LEDs. When plugged in the lightbulb and airplane mode LEDs flash for a second, and then go blank again, without the charging led turning on or doing anything at all. I’ve read a few posts about unplugging it and holding the power for 60 seconds to flush residual power but that hasnt done anything for me so far.

Solution
Some of those non removable battery models just straight up won't boot if they don't detect a battery. It could be you received a laptop with a faulty battery. I would contact the manufacturers for a replacement. It also could be a bad charger, but no matter what it is, a laptop right out of the box should work, so they need to replace it.

shmoochie

Prominent
May 10, 2018
Some of those non removable battery models just straight up won't boot if they don't detect a battery. It could be you received a laptop with a faulty battery. I would contact the manufacturers for a replacement. It also could be a bad charger, but no matter what it is, a laptop right out of the box should work, so they need to replace it.

Solution
Jul 6, 2018
Yeah i gave asus a call and they just flatout told me return it, and that they wouldnt trust anything that didnt just work out of box. Thats a shame. Guess i’ll send it back.