Brand New Laptop Battery Draining Quick

Shauna_2

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
I bought a brand new HP laptop roughly three weeks ago and already the battery drains alarmingly quickly. Even when brightness is at 0, battery saver is in, location services are off, I still get only maximum three hours battery life - if that. When I bought the laptop I was guaranteed at least ten hours of battery life. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if I just have a faulty battery. Thank you!

Solution
That's completely wrong and you should take it back for a replacement machine. Don't let them talk you into waiting for the manufacturer to look at it.

A new laptop battery should be charged fully then discharged until it turns itself off. Repeat that process half a dozen times and the battery will live longer. Living on electricity all the time will waste the battery's life away.

That said, I think you have a dud.
That's completely wrong and you should take it back for a replacement machine. Don't let them talk you into waiting for the manufacturer to look at it.

A new laptop battery should be charged fully then discharged until it turns itself off. Repeat that process half a dozen times and the battery will live longer. Living on electricity all the time will waste the battery's life away.

That said, I think you have a dud.

Solution
It can be because of 2 things. This first is that you have a faulty battery and I would take it back to the store for a replacement. If this is not the issue, it could be because it is installing a lot of updates from the store and windows. This will drain the battery a lot quicker than normal.