Brand new laptop randomly freezes

Patrizio

Estimable
Feb 4, 2016
I bought my new laptop 1 month ago, it's an MSI GE72QD Apache Pro. My OS is Windows 10. It worked perfectly fine until a week ago. While I was playing League of Legends having Team Speak open the audio just randomly started to get slower and slower. Everyone started to sound like robots. At first I thought it was Team Speak related but after a couple of seconds the screen froze. I couldn't hear anything. All the lights on my keyboard and laptop where on (as the power button etc.). I tried to ctrl alt del but nothing happened. So I waited for about 5 minutes but it didn't go back to normal. I tried to press the power button (normally the pc would go off after 1 or 2 seconds when pressed) but I had to hold it down for about 5-7 seconds. Then I turned it on again. I got no Windows not proper shut down screen or anything. I thought it was just a random freeze so I just let it go for the time being. But then yesterday evening it happened again and so did today. Yesterday I was just playing Time Clickers (almost use no CPU) and I had spotify opened in the background. Today I only had team speak open. Can you guys help me out please. I don't know what to do, I hope is not a problem of the laptop itself.
Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Uninstall the NVIDIA graphics driver from Device Manager.
- Check Programs and Features as well and uninstall anything related to NVIDIA.
- Next is to download and install the latest graphics driver.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot make sure to set NVIDIA as the default graphics card as well.
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/kw/setting%20nvidia%20as%20the%20graphics%20card

Patrizio

Estimable
Feb 4, 2016
I did as you guys said thank you a lot, really. I don't know if the problem is fixed since it occurred randomly and I don't know how to possibly trigger it at will. So I'll just wait to see if it happens again. In that case I hope you'll help me again lol thanks

Patrizio

Estimable
Feb 4, 2016

I did what you guys said but today it happened again... Any other suggestions on what I could do?

lamina123

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016

Hi Patrizio, don't know if you have fix this problem out already, but in case you haven't i let you the link to one solution inside this same page, that at least, has two positive feedbacks. I've tried the solution a few minutes ago so is too early to tell if it works or not - fingers crossed.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-1980462/msi-laptop-freezelags.html#18891275