broke screen on notebook

Frank51

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
My screen broke on my lap top and took it to Brown computers and they tell they can't find one. Mine is 1 1/2 years old.
Is there a screen out there to replace mine that is broke. They are telling no chance of getting one.

Solution

Cost for a new screen is usually around $300-500, not including the costs to have someone competent and specialized in replacing THAT maker and THAT model computer (they are all different). Cost of a NEW laptop at Walmart.com for i3 Core: $249. YOu do the math.

rgd1101

Don't

good to know.

Cost for a new screen is usually around $300-500, not including the costs to have someone competent and specialized in replacing THAT maker and THAT model computer (they are all different). Cost of a NEW laptop at Walmart.com for i3 Core: $249. YOu do the math.

Solution
I arrived in 2010 at my new job, and first day there was handed a laptop that didn't make it through customs too well. Broke Screen. Based on that warranty then subsequently having to get a screen through a third party, as well as find the proper Service Manual, that was what it ended up costing the company. So I was basing it on that.

Following your link, it is LIMITED on the models they support. For example under Dell (the biggest laptop seller in the world) they only list the N5110 N5010 N5030 N5040 N5050 N4110 N7110 N7010 And N4010. Where is D670? D610? and so on? I am not sure about that link and if they fill the niche for EVERY screen out there for EVERY laptop (they don't demonstrate even a significant amount of the laptops CURRENTLY out there) to answer this poster's question, but is a goodplace to start.

I arrived in 2010 at my new job, and first day there was handed a laptop that didn't make it through customs too well. Broke Screen. Based on that warranty then subsequently having to get a screen through a third party, as well as find the proper Service Manual, that was what it ended up costing the company. So I was basing it on that.

Following your link, it is LIMITED on the models they support. For example under Dell (the biggest laptop seller in the world) they only list the N5110 N5010 N5030 N5040 N5050 N4110 N7110 N7010 And N4010. Where is D670? D610? and so on? I am not sure about that link and if they fill the niche for EVERY screen out there for EVERY laptop (they don't demonstrate even a significant amount of the laptops CURRENTLY out there) to answer this poster's question, but is a goodplace to start.