Broken coax connection question.

bigtrv

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016
So I broke the coax connection off the back of the TV in my RV. From what I have read, it would seem I can buy a tuner and use the HDMI input on the TV to get the local over the air channels. Which would be great....but.....and here's the question. Will the cable work with that tuner? Most of the RV parks that we visit provide cable and it's nice to be able to take advantage of that. Thanks for any help.

Solution
you would need to look at the particular box to what "demod" schemes is supports. If you look at your tv, when its scanning for OTA channels, it does one thing, and when you scan for "cable", it does another.... they may overlap but you need to check the box in question.

it appears that this is an example of a box that might / probably work.... 3500STB by iview.

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
you would need to look at the particular box to what "demod" schemes is supports. If you look at your tv, when its scanning for OTA channels, it does one thing, and when you scan for "cable", it does another.... they may overlap but you need to check the box in question.

it appears that this is an example of a box that might / probably work.... 3500STB by iview.

Solution