Broken connector on back of speaker. How can I fix this?

Apr 8, 2018

So I dropped this speaker in a move and the connector snapped off. I’ve been taping the speaker wire to the connector, but I’d like to fix it and have no idea how to go about it!

Pics of Damage

Thanks!

Solution
You will have to get to the inside of the speaker. Those are usually held in with a nut on the inside. The wire will be soldered to the terminal. You will have to unsolder a wire probably. It is possible that the terminal was molded or pressed into the plastic. That would be much more difficult to replace. But you have to see what is on the inside of the plastic to determine the next step. The plastic might be welded, which means you won't be able to fix it.

kanewolf

Judicious
You will have to get to the inside of the speaker. Those are usually held in with a nut on the inside. The wire will be soldered to the terminal. You will have to unsolder a wire probably. It is possible that the terminal was molded or pressed into the plastic. That would be much more difficult to replace. But you have to see what is on the inside of the plastic to determine the next step. The plastic might be welded, which means you won't be able to fix it.

Solution