Mar 26, 2019
Hi, first time posting,
I have an Acer v3-771g laptop with a broken screen
Specs are:
i7-3630qm
GeForce Gt 640m 2gb
8gb ddr3 ram
17.3" display (broken)
and a 120gb ssd, not sure if an operating system is on it or not.
Whenever I connected an external monitor, it never showed anything,
I have completely removed the internal display, and still, nothing has worked, Hotkeys wont work, I've tried everything I can possibly think of, I have had it connect to an external display before, but the hard drive In use has been broken since. Any help is appreciated. Thankyou

Solution
Removing the display will likely make nothing work rather than make anything work. Laptops are meant to have the attached display on them. Even if they aren't working.

If the laptop shows signs of life (fans, internal sounds, etc.), but doesn't show on the attached display nor an external monitor, then you likely have a fried GPU. Alas, that will likely mean a motherboard replacement.

Now if it isn't showing any signs of life at all, that is a different set of issues.
Mar 26, 2019
Hi, first time posting,
I have an Acer v3-771g laptop with a broken screen
Specs are:
i7-3630qm
GeForce Gt 640m 2gb
8gb ddr3 ram
17.3" display (broken)
and a 120gb ssd, not sure if an operating system is on it or not.
Whenever I connected an external monitor, it never showed anything,
I have completely removed the internal display, and still, nothing has worked, Hotkeys wont work, I've tried everything I can possibly think of, I have had it connect to an external display before, but the hard drive In use has been broken since. Any help is appreciated. Thankyou
... The one solution I can think of is that you have to get another monitor that fits into your laptop... maybe you might not be able to afford one but try getting a laptop monitor that fits into your screen... maybe a friend's, connect it into your laptop and install OS and display drivers... then you can be able to use an external monitor. I had the same problem with my Lenovo laptop, I used a friend's laptop monitor... lucky for me we both had the same identical laptops... I installed Intel HD graphics and after that I was able to use an external monitor with no problem... however, in my experience I couldn't see the bios because the monitor only worked once the display drivers were loaded. Good luck.

Removing the display will likely make nothing work rather than make anything work. Laptops are meant to have the attached display on them. Even if they aren't working.

If the laptop shows signs of life (fans, internal sounds, etc.), but doesn't show on the attached display nor an external monitor, then you likely have a fried GPU. Alas, that will likely mean a motherboard replacement.

Now if it isn't showing any signs of life at all, that is a different set of issues.

Solution
use an usb flash drive with Microsoft windows media creation tool and try booting from it

the external monitor might not be activated while posting or be able to get the BIOS screen

How did the screen break? Eventually you can just replace it with a new one.

Mar 30, 2019
I had same issue on my old laptop with HDMI cable but connecting with VGA cable fixed the problem. VGA doesn't need Display Drivers that's why it's able to show BIOS and also Setup screen.

Via VGA can work instead of HDMI, that´s correct and worth a try, but it doesn´t have to do anything with drivers. It´s the way the BIOS is programmed and when the port will be initialized. E.g. my laptop and PC both use HDMI and can display the BIOS via HDMI as well.