broken speaker jack

chucky9

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
so my speakers where connected to the back port 'of my computer and the cable got caught on the wheels of my chair so when i moved backwards the cable got ripped out of the port and it snapped the jack in two leaving half of the jack in the port which now needs to be removed as i have no audio
i have tried:
putting a screw into the inner plastic of the jack
putting a needle in the plastic
putting glue on the other end of the jack and putting in back in with the hope that it would stick to the bit left in there but didnt work

i have now run out of ideas and the only rl option left for me at the moment is to actually get a drill put a drill bit down the middle and then try and pull it out but i think this will damage the port
i was thinking about using a magnet but dont trust putting magnets near my computer

mbarnes86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hi
Magnet will not be any use
Plug usually brass with chrome or nickel plating

Presumably you have tried needle nosed pliers
If you put headphones in the front jack audio out do they work ?

Regards
Mike Barnes

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
Two thoughts,get some good quality super glue.
Put a very small amount on the end of an unbroken 3.5mm jack and put it in the socket then try pulling out the broken bit after the glue has set.
Using a 2mm drill bit,drill down the center of the broken shaft 3 to 4 mm then put the glue on the drill bit and insert into the drilled hole let it set then pull it out.The 2 mm bit should ensure that you do not damage the socket.

chucky9

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
turns out my dad drilled it out while i was asleep but just went at it so the ported now doesnt work and he going to pay 40£ for repairs fcking hate my family sometimes lol

TRENDING THREADS