Browser game Laptop advice

Liiikemike

Commendable
Oct 3, 2016
Looking for the best possible laptop that will be able to handle mmo browser games. Budget of £250. Do not mind if Refurbed. Any advice? Was hoping for a minimum of 6gb ram and i5 processor

The CPU can affect the performance of games. That is mostly limited to strategy games because of all the calculations that takes place behind the screens. However, some first person shoot games are also dependent on the CPU like Fallout 4 and Skyrim.

However, for browser games that is not likely the case. But it is a browser based MMO game like Runescape, then the number of other players in the same instance as you can increase demand on the CPU. However, given the limited budget you have to make do with what you can afford.

A core i3-5015u (2.1GHz) with the Intel HD 5500 should suffice for your needs and can play games in a pitch. For example, I configured Skyrim to run pretty decently on a Core i5-4200u (2.6GHz) with the Intel HD 4200.

The core i5-4200u is more powerful than the i3-5015u, but the Intel HD 4200 is probably around 15% to 20% less powerful than the Intel HD 5500. It all about tweaking graphic settings to get the game to run as best as possible. Though there are plenty of games out there that demands more than what integrated graphics can offer.