BSOD Toshiba S55t-C Driver power state failure

yoman5656

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
I have a Toshiba S55t-C laptop with the Intel i7 6700HQ and Nvidia 950m graphic chip...I am trying to run Autodesk Inventor Professional 2016 on it but every time I start it up it runs for a few minutes then gives me the BSOD...I have tried updating all drivers and contact Toshiba support and i'm not sure what to do next...

yoman5656

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016

I have and while it is below the minimum specs for the problem I have had computer run it with less processor and graphics...That is what Toshiba kept telling me too but I wouldn't think it would blue screen from being below spec I would just think it would lag really bad...Not a computer expert though

After a while it is possible to cause that. You are right, it usually will run unwell, but if done over a time, it can cause issues. Especially when you consider that as you have other things on the computer using resources, sometimes without your realizing it, that can make it even more strained.

yoman5656

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
Weirdly enough it didn't work with the internal graphic drive either I messed with some setting today on the graphics chip and made them all high performance specs and everything is working like it is suppose to currently.

Shaun_29

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
also have a s55t-c and received it as a replacement a month ago and had this same issue, although with pretty much any moderately demanding game. Found the troublesome driver removed it, disabled it, everything and within a week i'd be back to bsod. Contacted Toshiba and they as well told me to run graphics through the lesser card however they thinks its a faulty nvidia card. They took control and all drivers were up to date and said the two graphics cards were not getting along with direct x. also not a huge computer person but sending it back tomorrow.