Solved! BT earbud audio quality poor

njitgrad

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
I connected two different types of BT earbuds to my Dell Precision 7510 and the audio quality is awful. Any idea why? I followed some tutorials and de-selected Telephony option in the Devices menu but this only improved the quality minimally. Should I purchase a BT dongle? Will that resolve my issues? I basically want to have the same audio quality in a BT earbud set that I get from wired earbuds connected directly to the laptop.

Solution
No way to know what the issue is, could be just low quality earbuds you are using. It may be the bluetooth in the laptop or maybe the headphones. Try those earbuds with another system and see if they are better there. Trying another newer bluetooth dongle would be a good idea if they sound better elsewhere.
No way to know what the issue is, could be just low quality earbuds you are using. It may be the bluetooth in the laptop or maybe the headphones. Try those earbuds with another system and see if they are better there. Trying another newer bluetooth dongle would be a good idea if they sound better elsewhere.

Solution

njitgrad

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012

I have BT built into the laptop as well as a BT dongle for my mouse. Can that same dongle be used to control the mouse and used for the BT earbuds?

Depends on the dongle, I am thinking that mouse connection is not actually bluetooth since otherwise you can just connect the mouse to the laptop bluetooth. A lot of people call the adapters that come with mice "bluetooth" when most are not.

TRENDING THREADS