Budget Gaming laptop under $1200

Mackoo

Estimable
Apr 23, 2014
Hey guys,Can you suggest me some gaming laptops under $1200?
And what brands are good for gaming laptops.

No desktop build suggestions please

Actually they START at $1200 because dealing with small parts, heat dissipation, fitting in the very small casing (as compared to even a SFF desktop) and most of all not weigh 7-15lbs requires much more expensive custom designed parts each time, and often unique fabrication solutions for the entire assembly line.

You can try to score some 'discount' deals (best way to do it) usually during the seasonal, like beginning of summer, back to school or the couple weeks before Black Friday. Slickdeals.net is a good search, I would suggest an i5 Laptop, which is good for Moderate gaming levels, but you will have to becareful on the included video card. I would suggest if you find one, look up on notebookcheck.net the video card listed, and normally the 'by the numbers per game' is listed towards the bottom of the page so you know what to expect in gameplay.

Mackoo

Estimable
Apr 23, 2014

Thanks man, I saw these laptops and theyre really great for the price. I'm liking the y410p and the 510p. Theyre having a sale as low as $850 right now too!

HoneyNut

Estimable
Apr 5, 2014

That really isn't a sale :p
That's just the normal price, they do that to trick you into thinking that it's on sale :p
They might lower it more near Memorial Day