Solved! Budget Home Theatre

NoobKid

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017
Hi, below you will find pictures of the room. The picture where you see the football game, a runner and projector on the roof, there is a sofa. On the other side there is already a canvas. The projector is old.

I would like to do this as soon as possible, and preferably within 600$ for the sound system. I have not tried the projector yet, so i will try it before i may consider to buy a new one. It has a HDMI output. The projector is a Panasonic PT-AE700E. It came with the house, and it has not been tested yet.

I think I have to buy something like:

-Some device capable of receiving HDMI input (audio and video) from multiple devices (PS4, PC, Chromecast, etc.) and is also capable of sending image to the projector. In addition to audio for the surround system.

-An OK surround system.

-Anything else you think i should have...

Download images and test video here:
https://mega.nz/#F!fQQwmCDD!fKvSUCBqP8gjmPZHvdVx3g

Please give me some advice.

Solution
What your talking about is an A/V Receiver, it will allow you to "input" all of your devices and use whichever audio output you would like for each device. Essentially you would setup your speakers off the back of your AV Receiver and all of your devices could use that same speaker setup should you choose. I do exactly that for Foxtel, PC, XBOX One and PS4 all channelled through an AV Receiver which is connected to 7.1 speakers around the room with options for a solid set of headphones for the PC. Also have the PC directly connected to a secondary screen without use of the receiver and simply drag and drop movies across onto the projector..... Let me know if you have more questions.... Here is an example (NOTYE: Onkyo is expensive, you...

jay.wooster

Great
Sep 27, 2018
What your talking about is an A/V Receiver, it will allow you to "input" all of your devices and use whichever audio output you would like for each device. Essentially you would setup your speakers off the back of your AV Receiver and all of your devices could use that same speaker setup should you choose. I do exactly that for Foxtel, PC, XBOX One and PS4 all channelled through an AV Receiver which is connected to 7.1 speakers around the room with options for a solid set of headphones for the PC. Also have the PC directly connected to a secondary screen without use of the receiver and simply drag and drop movies across onto the projector..... Let me know if you have more questions.... Here is an example (NOTYE: Onkyo is expensive, you may wish to look for a cheaper brand)

https://www.intl.onkyo.com/products/av_components/av_receivers/tx-rz830/index.html

Be mindful of your required output for the model (I.e. 4K or 1080p) and also the number of HDMI inputs you require and the number of Speakers (5.1 or 7.1).

Solution
U will be tempted to buy one of those "Home Theater" thingy, it comes with everything, for busy, non-tech consumer, with a budget, and is OK I suppose just to get you over this football season, but they are not expandable, wanna change something? forget it. Wanto hook up this and that to it, forget it. Your call. Speed vs long-lasting/expandable/upgradable?

jay.wooster

Great
Sep 27, 2018
For the AV Receiver consider:

1. How Many and what type of inputs you need to use (I.e. 4 x HDMI & 1 x DP)
2. What audio setup you are planning on using (I.e. 5.1, 7.1 etc)
3. What visual throughput you are looking for (I.e. 1080p max, 4k max e.t.c)

Once you have this then you can look at your speakers, which is open ended. I have a pair of Yamaha 555's as my front speakers and smaller Yamaha's for the other 5 & Bass (sorry, old speakers so cant remember models) but the call is yours, depends how much your willing to spend. Maybe look at an audiophile website for more detailed information on speakers.....

NoobKid

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017
1. I Need at least the following:
3 HDMI input: PS4, Chromecast and Apple TV
1 HDMI Out of Picture: Projector.
+ audio output

2. Sound: A 2.1 or 5.1 setup is good enough for me.

3. The Projector is Half HD (1280x720p)