Budget laptop for Video Editing

featuredepic

Estimable
Mar 15, 2015
Hi,

I'm on a very low budget of around £250 for a laptop for basic video editing. I will be using Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13. I don't mind if the laptop is refurbished.

I was looking at getting this laptop from ASUS Refurbs and upgrading it to 8GB Ram: http://eshop.asus.com/en-GB/outlet/refurbished/refurbished-asus-x550ea-notebook-15-6-amd-a4-5000-apu-4gb-ram-500gb-hdd-gbp-en-gb-90nb03rb-m00480.html

Would the APU be ok for video editing. Also, would this run the Elgato Game Capture Software for the HD60? If not, does anyone know of a very cheap laptop that would?

Thanks,

Solution
That is way low for a video editing system, at that price you will be looking at a several year old system with maybe a first or second gen Core i5 as the best system to get.

See how much you can find a Lenovo W510 with a Core i7 for or the W520 on ebay. Look for a used system with an i5 at least.

Anything recent for 250 will be in the budget watch a video and do email laptop, not anything for video editing. Unless as I said, you don't care how long it takes to render the final movie.
That is way low for a video editing system, at that price you will be looking at a several year old system with maybe a first or second gen Core i5 as the best system to get.

See how much you can find a Lenovo W510 with a Core i7 for or the W520 on ebay. Look for a used system with an i5 at least.

Anything recent for 250 will be in the budget watch a video and do email laptop, not anything for video editing. Unless as I said, you don't care how long it takes to render the final movie.

Solution