Budget Laptop replacement

Sep 16, 2018
I'm looking for a every day, almost always on laptop. I understand it would probably be better to have a dedicated stronger desktop, and a lighter laptop, but due to space and other concerns, I am hoping to mix the two for a dedicated full time laptop.

Budget: Around $800,
Stronger than current laptop:
i5-4210, 8gb RAM, integrated graphics card. 500gb HDD

My main concern is, while my current laptop can run some newish games (Into the Breach),
it can't run tougher games (Witcher 3, Divinity original sin 2) on even lowest settings.

Would it be possible to get a laptop for under $800, and still able to run those two games?

Possible choices I've found are :
https://www.rakuten.com/shop/focus-camera/product/17MAE111DX-RB/
and

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/cty/pdp/spd/inspiron-17-5767-laptop/

(I am able to get the latter laptop at $799 from Costco)

I don't mind screen size, resolution, battery, storage, optical drive, or brands.
But I would prefer to use the laptop fairly frequently for 3 years in the U.S.

noyaus

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016
Both actually look really good. Though the HP one looks really good. I think performance wise what i have read online suggest they are kind've the same. For the HP i would try to go new rather than refurbished. They are both descent for a budget PC. I will try to get some more research done on them performance wise.

Sep 16, 2018
Cool, I'm glad i found nice deals
I was a little worried since the graphics cards seem older compared to all the other specs.
Thanks for the help

noyaus

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016
I haven't checked the graphics card, I apologise. Though I see that the HP uses Nvidia while the Dell using AMD. i would recommend Nvidia over AMD. Like I said, I will do some more research

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

The dell inspiron 7000 or 7567 would be the best of both actually whilst fitting right into your budget.