Budget Which Laptop

ghostup94

Estimable
Nov 29, 2014
looking for a laptop for web video watching music listen and photo editing like photoshop

i have this two in mind

399$
Model: 15-f111dx
HP - 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - AMD A8-Series - 8GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Black
specs
AMD Quad-Core A8-6410 Processor with AMD Radeon HD 8210 graphics
Ensures optimal computing performance.
750GB hard drive (5400 rpm)
Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times. Also includes 25GB of online storage for up to 6 months from Dropbox.
Built-in webcam
Makes it easy to video chat with loved ones.
Software package included
With Evernote, CyberLink PowerDirector, CyberLink PhotoDirector, CyberLink PowerDVD and more. Includes 1-month trial of Microsoft Office 365.
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit operating system preinstalled
Provides a stable computing platform.
Multiformat media reader
Supports SD format.
15.6" WLED-backlit high-definition touch-screen display
With BrightView technology and 1366 x 768 resolution makes navigation simple and presents media in rich detail.
8GB DDR3L SDRAM
For multitasking power.
Built-in 10/100Base-T Ethernet LAN
With RJ-45 connector for quick and simple wired Web access.
2 USB 3.0 ports and 1 USB 2.0 port
For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.
AMD Radeon HD 8210 graphics
Deliver lush visuals. An HDMI output enables flexible connectivity.
Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n)
Allows you to connect to the Internet without wires.
Weighs 5.7 lbs. and measures just 1" thin
For easy portability.
Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
Create custom DVDs and CDs.

OR

399$
Model: C75D-B7300
Toshiba - Satellite 17.3" Laptop - AMD A8-Series - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Jet Black
specs
AMD Quad-Core A8-6410 Accelerated Processor with AMD Radeon R5 graphics
Ensures fast, reliable performance.
6GB DDR3L memory
For multitasking power.
Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media; also supports DVD-RAM.
17.3" LED-backlit TFT high-definition widescreen display
With TruBrite technology, 1600 x 900 native resolution and native support for 720p content showcases your favorite movies, games and other visual media in crisp, striking detail.
750GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.
AMD Radeon R5 graphics
Provide lush images with rich, intricate detail. An HDMI output enables simple connection to an HDTV or other high-definition display.
Built-in high-definition webcam and microphone
Make it easy to chat with and send video mail to family and friends.
Multiformat media reader
Supports Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, SDXC, miniSD, microSD and MultiMediaCard formats.
1 USB 3.0 port and 2 USB 2.0 ports
For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.
Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n)
Lets you rapidly connect to the Internet without wires.
Built-in 10/100 Ethernet LAN
With RJ-45 connector enables quick and simple wired Web connection.
Weighs 5.9 lbs. and measures just 1.3" thin
For easy portability. The standard keyboard with a 10-keypad lets you comfortably type and input data.
Textured-resin finish in jet black
Offers a stylish look.
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit operating system preinstalled
Provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.
Software package included
With Adobe Reader and more. Includes 1-month trial of Microsoft Office 365.

Solution
You did not include the prices, so I will assume they are close, or this is not a major consideration.

They both use the same processor from AMD.

In my mind, it comes down to the 8 GB of RAM for the HP, vs the 6 GB of RAM for the Toshiba. The other consideration is that the Toshiba is a 17" display. While these larger notebook displays look great, they tend to make the notebook quite heavy, and limit its portability. Also, all things being equal I prefer Toshiba as a brand over HP, but this is just my opinion.

digitaldoc

Distinguished
Herald
You did not include the prices, so I will assume they are close, or this is not a major consideration.

They both use the same processor from AMD.

In my mind, it comes down to the 8 GB of RAM for the HP, vs the 6 GB of RAM for the Toshiba. The other consideration is that the Toshiba is a 17" display. While these larger notebook displays look great, they tend to make the notebook quite heavy, and limit its portability. Also, all things being equal I prefer Toshiba as a brand over HP, but this is just my opinion.

Solution

techenthusiast99

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015
I would go with the HP, it has better graphics, it is more portable due to its size and has more ram. The touch screen is also a nice plus...the HP is the one I would buy but the decision is up to you.