Buy Illustrator CS6 for cheap or go with the Illustrator CC subscription for 20 dollars a month?

g335

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
Hello

Should I buy Illustrator CS6 for cheap or should I go with the Illustrator CC subscription service for 20 dollars a month?

Solution
That's really for you to decide. Only you know how much you'll be using it and how much you can afford spending. If you'll be using the program a lot and can afford it, go for the CC version. If you're a student you can get a nice discount. If you haven't tried the CC version then why not do so and see what you think?

DookieDraws

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
That's really for you to decide. Only you know how much you'll be using it and how much you can afford spending. If you'll be using the program a lot and can afford it, go for the CC version. If you're a student you can get a nice discount. If you haven't tried the CC version then why not do so and see what you think?

Solution

Justkeeplookin

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
Honestly lets relate this to real life. I find it more expensive renting a car for 24 months than buying one. Interest, fees, etc.. But here they can let you drop out anytime i believe. If you plan on keeping this for over a year, then you can then just buy it, but it is honest;y your choice

wolffex

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Do you need the features that are there in CC or is CS 6 good enough for you? CS6 is a one time payment if you plan on using illustrator pretty much all the time and not just once every few weeks, otherwise go for CC.