Buy iPhone4 abroad and use it in Ireland

recoil80

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Hi,

I live in Italy and I'd like to buy 2 iPhones 4 as a wedding gift for a couple of friends living in Dublin.
They told me it's not easy to get an iPhone 4 in Ireland because you have to start a contract. I've just cheched out the O2 web site and I read that you need to start the contract for 18 or 12 months, I guess it is the same for the other mobile companies.
Here in Italy I can buy the phone in the apple store and they provide a 3 micro sim if I want one, otherwise I can buy it without a sim, so it's not locked, I'm sure they can use it in Ireland.

I still have a few questions for you:

1) Is it easy to replace the sim with a micro sim? I don't want them to change their number to get a new sim. If the micro sim is a problem I can buy the iphone 3GS so they can use their current sim, but the iphone4 would be a better gift ;)
I ask this question because here in Italy it wasn't easy for me to get the microsim, because the companies want you to start a contract rather than buy the iPhone and have the microsim. Obviously the contract is a better deal for them...

2) Is there a web page where I can put their phone number and know their operator? Of course I could ask them, but it's a surprise I don't want them to guess what kind of gift they're going to receive. I'd like to know the operator to see whether there's a good fee for mobile internet.

Thank you very much for you help!!

03mach1

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
1. Most cel phone repair shops can convert any kind of sim to a microsim no problem with it fully functioning. They do this with a sim cutter and form what I have heard it has been working great!

2. I don't think that you can do that. You might be able to see what carrier may use the first 3 digit prefix (Numbers after area code). I know that there are four major carriers over there in Europe and that is:
TIM (Telecom Italia Mobile)
Tel: 119
Omnitel Vodafone (comprehensive site in English)
Tel: 190
Wind
Tel: 155
H3G
Tel: 133

You can look around if you want to try and determine who they have. THis is all the information that I can provide for ya. Hope this helps!

recoil80

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

Good news! If the company doesn't provide the microsim they'll have it that way :)
As a matter of fact it's not hard to cut the sim, many people do it on their own but an "official" microsim would be better of course :D

Thanks.
Eventually I found the Irish prefixes on wikipedia (I should have looked for it there, as usual...) , my friends number start with 086 so if they didn't change the operator they are using Vodafone Ireland. Looks like they have a mobile internet fee similar to the one we use in Italy, it's ok

Btw this is not only my wedding gift, 3 more friends are going to pay for the 2 iphones so I'm going to pay about 350 euros. I wish I could afford buying 2 iPhone on my own! :D

Mary Parker

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Hello Buyer!!!

CANCOM is a Resellers of various genuine brand sealed Mobile Phones / Androids products Gadgets/Accessories And Many..More

We are an eminent supplier of your favorite Mobile Phones, face-to-face, International Shipping Via FedEx/DHL/UPS with our experienced sales staff. Express delivery and branded quality made us to reach this distinguished position in this sphere. We accept bulk and retail orders via multiple payment. We deal with some world class brands that are Apple iPhone/Apple Ipad, Blackberry, Samsung, Motorola, LG and more., We export internationally and Offer Promos to all interested International buyers outside the United Kingdom; We make delivery right to your Destination at affordable Rates including Customs Duties Charge.

Our prices are the best on the web guaranteed, we want to save you $$$ !!!

Apple iPhone 4 16G___(Black or White): $499USD
Apple Iphone 32GB___(Black or White): $599

Blackberry Bold Touch 9900___$470USD
Blackberry Curve 8520 Gemini___$120USD

HTC EVO 3D___$470USD
HTC Sensation 4G___$350USD

Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II $470USD
Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tablet $300USD

Motorola Atrix 4G $350USD
LG Optimus 3D P920 $450USD

WE ARE ALWAYS AT YOUR SERVICE.

FOR FURTHER DETAILS CONTACT:
Contact Person:- Mary Parker
E-mail:- Cancom_net-shopping@net-shopping.com
MSN:- Cancom_net-shopping@live.com

MSK_89

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012

Hi
I would like to know for what rate u can provide iphone 4 to me.I am in India.