Buyer Beware - ASUS Laptop?

kg2013

Estimable
Mar 19, 2014
Had lot of problems with ASUS Laptop A53E Notebook. First had issues with the power cord & where it was connected - sent the laptop in & they had to do some repairs & sent it back to me.

Now 15 months later, the battery gave out - it will not take charge. Called them they said they will not od anything & put me on hold for more than 30 min so that I will go away!

Have other experienced battery issues & also, have their customer service been so bad? Thank you.

Solution
From my experience, Asus has a pretty good reputation, particular for their customer service (see here...http://lifehacker.com/computer-manufacturers-ranked-how-to-pick-a-laptop-tha-1467145338).

I had a G75VX for a little bit, and while I ended up returning it, it was a matter of personal preference rather than anything technical. Maybe, ask to speak to a manager, if you have a warranty you should be covered.

Also depending on your usage a battery can fail pretty quickly, especially if you don't care for it properly.

biohazrdfear

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
How much was your laptop? If it was a cheaper laptop under $500, I would expect that type of stuff to happen.

When it comes down to laptops, ASUS is all I advise. I have owned two laptops, the second one being the one I own currently, and they were both ASUS. I loved the ASUS laptop I had back then, and I love the one I have now (G75VW).

If you still do not feel comfortable with ASUS, go with MSI laptops. I personally don't like name brand, so its hard for me to advise other ones. HP makes some nice units as well as Samsung. I don't advise Toshiba, ACER, or eMachines.

biohazrdfear

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
I also do not have problems with their customer service. If I had an issue with my old ASUS laptop, they would just ask some troubleshooting questions...and that was it. They would send me an RMA form to my email and pay for complete shipping.

minerva330

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
From my experience, Asus has a pretty good reputation, particular for their customer service (see here...http://lifehacker.com/computer-manufacturers-ranked-how-to-pick-a-laptop-tha-1467145338).

I had a G75VX for a little bit, and while I ended up returning it, it was a matter of personal preference rather than anything technical. Maybe, ask to speak to a manager, if you have a warranty you should be covered.

Also depending on your usage a battery can fail pretty quickly, especially if you don't care for it properly.

Solution