Buying a new audio. Advice

google1

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
Hello. Lately I bought for myself a brand new pc and I need some good audio for it. Previously in past I have owned sets like Logitech Z-2300, Creative T4 they werent bad but also they didnt sound perfect in my opinion and i want to step up now with sound and I'am curious about how bose companion sounds and these jbls then audioengine and others. I dont know what to chose and in terms of buying a stereo reciever with passive speakers or powered bookshelfs speakers and so on... What buy a 2.1 or 2.0 set am really dont know what should i get. My budget is around 400 € and right now i consider buying a pair of lbr 305 or tannoy reveal 502. Sry for bad english

Solution
You don't mention if the speakers are for music listening or for mixing?
Studio monitors are often tiring to listen to for long periods and can be forward in presentation. Might not be the right choice.
I think 2.0 makes more sense given your budget. I am not sure your could do well with a new stereo amp and speakers in that range but on the used market you certainly could get something that you would like. If there are any high end audio shops near you they might have a used system that will work great for you. A good amp or receiver can be 20-30 years old and still give you years of use if it is good shape. Many people like the sound of vintage amps. A more recent speaker however would offer technology and sound that an old one might...
You don't mention if the speakers are for music listening or for mixing?
Studio monitors are often tiring to listen to for long periods and can be forward in presentation. Might not be the right choice.
I think 2.0 makes more sense given your budget. I am not sure your could do well with a new stereo amp and speakers in that range but on the used market you certainly could get something that you would like. If there are any high end audio shops near you they might have a used system that will work great for you. A good amp or receiver can be 20-30 years old and still give you years of use if it is good shape. Many people like the sound of vintage amps. A more recent speaker however would offer technology and sound that an old one might not even be able to approach.

Solution