Buying a new laptop, which of these four?

Acct_nael

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
Hi all,

So it's time for my company to do a laptop refresh for all its employees.

Now, for the very first time, they are giving us four options to choose from. These options are:

Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13
Dell Latitude 7270
Dell Latitude 7470

My question is obviously which of these should I be choosing from? Performance is the most important factor and then comes everything else.

I have attached a link to the specification provided since they kind of vary and here are my answers to the questions, but I have removed all the not applicable ones:

http://imgur.com/a/eHIEV

1. What is your budget? No budget, I have to pick one the these four

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? The bigger the better, but it's not a deal breaker

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1920X1080 is just fine

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Both, but 80% of the time it will be used on my desk at the office attached to whatever docking station. I would still consider the 20% especially in terms of size. Again the bigger the better.

5. How much battery life do you need? 4 hours is just fine

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No Games

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Mainly spreadsheets, emails, internet browsing, and SAP

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 256Gb

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. N/A

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-5 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? None

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. N/A

13. What country do you live in? Egypt, but it wouldn't matter

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. None I guess

One final thing is would I notice the difference between the 2.4GHz and the 2.8GHz?

Thank you in advance

Nael

Those are fairly different, if you need a larger system with a good dock, the 14" Latitude is good. For portability and tablet friendly operation, probably the surface. If you want a laptop configuration so as not to deal with a tablet setup, XPS or the Latitude, but I am not sure if XPS has a good dock solution for it.