Buying a TV: The 8 Most Important Things to Know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinster K

Estimable
Aug 6, 2014
I'm a console gamer and one thing I always find lacking in a HDTV review is the lag time or the time it takes for an image to get from the TV's input to actually appear on the screen after going through all it's internal digital processing. For a gamer, there is nothing more important than this! Sure, some TVs have a 'game' mode, but those are often not well documented. It should be on this article's list of important things to look for as well.

Stoneskinsnake

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
If you're looking for a HDTV that works well with games (Or more-often, Type of TV) Plasma is definately the way to go. Most HDTV's are stuggling to do what plasma has been doing or years since it's inception, and they've only gotten better over time. You can get a 55in Plasma for roughly 1.2k that works VERY well for gaming. I currently have a Samsung Plasma that I use for my PS3/PS4/PC all hooked up at once through the HDMI ports. No input lag what-so-ever and the color is beautiful. Most people have the stigma that Plasmas are too dark, however in a dark room (Semi ambient light) plasmas by far have the best picture when compared to a similar priced LED Tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.