Buying laptop for online poker, database, video editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

askingalltoms

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014
1. What is your budget?
$1,500, prefer closer to $1,000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Doesn't matter too much. Planning on hooking it up to two new ASUS 24" 1920x1200 monitors. Anyway to get a laptop that outputs HDMI and DVI at the same time (no display port on monitors)?

Maybe 15" -IF- the laptop can be used as a third monitor

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080p or better

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need?
Going to be plugged in most of the time. Otherwise will use it for 1-2 hours off the plug I suppose

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I do not play graphics intensive games. Online poker clients are just windows with static graphics flying around. Will try to play multiple tables if that matters.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
While playing I will likely run a database like PokerTracker or HoldEm Manager which will store hands and analyze play. Would like to be prepared for video editing on the machine as well, though thats a low priority. Simultaneously while playing and running the database, I usually watch youtube or netflix. Would like that to run smoothly.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Must. Be. SSD. Will get external harddrive for backing up all multimedia files, so size will not matter too much.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
5 years? I am running on a T400 lenovo right now in a docking station which outputs DVI and VGA. Its pretty good still. Replaced the HDD with SSD, 8 gig ram and its amazing. Theres been a little bit of a performance decrease with high quality netflix and youtube. The video looks like its choppy in three different horizontal bands. Would like a system that can resolve this.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Actually, dont think I need this?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Not a mac. Not compatible with enough poker software

13. What country do you live in?
US

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I bought a nice green LED mechanical keyboard (cherry mx blue switches :D ), and am looking for a suitable mouse to go with it. Any suggestions for a wired mouse?

askingalltoms

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014
I'm kind of surprised. I posted this on a few forums and I haven't gotten any responses. Is this kind of machine non existent?

Status
Not open for further replies.