Buying Laptop - Questionnaire filled out

Jul 19, 2018
1. My budget 550-800$
2. looking at 13'' or 12''3. Screen - Full HD and about the IPS technology, I have been off market for quite a while so IPS was considered the best to my knowledge, I guess now there might be some other so looking for recommendations, also, id like it to be touch screen but I have heard its bad as it might be glossy so maybe there are pros and cons on that as well
4.Use - Everyday use, but portable for travelling
5. Battery - A decent standard battery life
6.What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? movies, work(office, surfing web), really light Video editing for personal use, photoshop
7. even 128 GB storage is enough
8.I have not bought anything pc related for years, I noticed some of these are thin as tablets and have no fan cooling, I would really really like completely silent
laptop, I am not sure what it means in terms of how it affects practical matters such as heating, durability, how long it lasts repairs etc., so currently I am looking
at the laptops that are like ''tablets'' as they are more portable and silent
9. Additional info: I don't want it to be glitchy, or slow, but on the other hand I don't want it to be too expensive, so speed-wise right now I have an old dell latitude E6330 with I3-2350M @ 2.30 GHz, 4GB RAM, INTEL HD GRAPHICS 3000, but it is quite fast I went to
the mall played around with some of the new computers with supposedly better specs, and they didn't seem to be outperforming mine, I'm not sure
if its because of windows 7 or some other reasons, so I would like my new laptop to be at least slightly faster than this old one

Solution
raimond. your budget is pretty high, however its not worth it in my opinion to spend 500 euros and not be fully happy with it. I would rather work 2-3 days more and be fully happy with it.

I would get this one with the cpu frequence: 2,6GHz Turbo 3,5GHz , i5 7300u ean versions: 0889842193077, 0889842193909, 0889842193923, 0889842243536

I can help you look shopping after work so in 6 hours+ for now I can only give u short text message advise.

superninja12

Estimable
Herald
May 18, 2015
Raimond you can't have both worlds.
Power costs energy, therefore you will have low battery life.
if u want a long battery life , you will have to sacrifice on power.

and in this section of the laptops you want , you get batterylife instead of power.

I would recommand you to check benchmarks of these laptops on youtube. they're quite good on tweakers(dutch IT website)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAENH7C49735&ignorebbr=1

the is also a really cool laptop : HP Envy 13-ad112nd

Jul 19, 2018

Thanks for the answer, by decent battery life I mean whatever is the industry standard now, as it is not that important factor to me, the laptop U linked was not with touch screen, is that a better thing? Also, what is your opinion on surface go?

superninja12

Estimable
Herald
May 18, 2015
Well Im not a photoshop artist like you , so I would not ever need to draw on my screen.
So the benefit for me is that it keeps my screen clear.

hp laptop :you can translate it https://tweakers.net/reviews/5877/4/hp-envy-13-strakker-compacter-en-sneller-conclusie.html

my opinion on the surface go.. its a fantastic laptop for a photoshop artist it has got a fantastic screen(better than hp), its really fast for movies and you can customize it to your liking.
most content is however in full hd so... do you need it.

my opinion on the hp: compact laptop, you can play a game like league / minecraft/cs on it.
nice body and backlight keyboard.

if i got to pick I pick hp, just because i dont video edit/photoshop.

Jul 19, 2018

Im also not an artist, I find the touch function more easy and faster to use in general not talking about photoshop, than looking with a mouse, and on top of that, it is a tablet so it will be really easy to carry for travelling. I do not quite understand what you mean by keeps the screen clear? And the surface go, is it generally faster in practice than my old laptop? ''most content is however in full hd so... do you need it.'' - could you please clarify what you mean, do you mean?

superninja12

Estimable
Herald
May 18, 2015
Ooh well if u dont touch the screen with with your hard or a pen , you dont get fingerprints/stripes on your screen, thats what I mean with keep the screen clear. yes you will notice a speed difference with both laptops.

You like movies right? however most contect on netflix youtube etc, is available in 1080p Max. however the surface supports a greater resolution than full hd, so if that content is available than its great, but most of the time it doesnt matter. However if there is that would be great.

from your conclusions the surface suits you alot better:)
tip: you can always build in a larger ssd for both laptops.

Jul 19, 2018

Oh I understand now, but are you sure that in practice even the surface go will be faster(not just faster but powerful in general as well) than my old one because it does not even have CORE i3 i5 i7? What is your opinion on the fact that these surface tablets do not have fans, u know if its durable? can they endure shaking etc.? Also, I am from Europe Denmark so these US options come with import charges, so which Surface Pro(not book) would you recommend under 780$?

superninja12

Estimable
Herald
May 18, 2015
give me 2 stores to look in for you:)

I am myself from the netherlands:p and when it comes to hardware danish isnt too hard.

you need to let go of the terms i3 i5 i7, there are so many different i3s some i3s are even better than some i7's . but the laptops i recommanded are much faster than your old laptop.

Jul 19, 2018

power.dk
elgiganten.dk

superninja12

Estimable
Herald
May 18, 2015
raimond. your budget is pretty high, however its not worth it in my opinion to spend 500 euros and not be fully happy with it. I would rather work 2-3 days more and be fully happy with it.

I would get this one with the cpu frequence: 2,6GHz Turbo 3,5GHz , i5 7300u ean versions: 0889842193077, 0889842193909, 0889842193923, 0889842243536

I can help you look shopping after work so in 6 hours+ for now I can only give u short text message advise.

Solution