Buying my 1st smartphone

kaisermatt

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
I currently own the "amazing" LG cosmos 2 and I'm looking to upgrade to my first smartphone. I'm on Verizon and i'm eyeing the Moto X, Iphone 5s, or Iphone 5(not c).

The main draw for Moto X is the screen size and the overall size of the phone seems great.

The Iphone 5s seems like a great phone with the ecosystem Apple has created, and it seems like a good OS to start off for a first time user. The camera seems to be expected to be better than the Moto X which is a big plus to me. Might be easier adjusting to the smaller size of the phone coming from the cosmos 2.

Iphone 5 would be more to save 100 ish bucks or so, and still have access to some of the benefits of the Iphone 5s such as the ecosystem and a camera that is still better than Moto X from what I've read.

Thoughts/advice? The verizon rep i talked with seemed to be pushing the Moto X pretty hard over the Iphone 5s.

kaisermatt

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks for the quick response.
Top priorities:
1. Smooth experience
2. No hassle/lag
3. Camera
4. Have most/all the apps i can imagine. doubt this will matter a lot between the choices.
5. Size: Screen and phone. Phone size i'll have to adjust to regardless. Screen I'm not sure if the 4 inch Iphones will be enough for me

Usage, imagined at least:
1. Use of internet/email for research, reviews, check times, places, events etc. paired with calendar.
2. Camera
3. Maps/gps
4. Apps for general use. interest and productivity.
5. Some game apps

TechnoD

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
I'd take a look at the Lumia 928. It's a windows phone. I just got one myself and I must say I am quite impressed with it overall. Screen size and clarity is wonderful and the camera is second in class (the lumia 1020 has the best camera). It's definitely a productivity-oriented phone.

kirilmatthew

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

Im going to partially agree with what was said below. The lumia 928 is a very good choice for your needs. If apps are the most important thing then I don't recommend it, however it has very good apps and is growing very fast. The experience is very smooth and the camera very good. Of course, if you were with AT&T I would recommend the 1020.

kirilmatthew

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

Hope it goes well! Let us know how it goes and if you need any more help! And remember to pick best solution when you've got everything you need! :)

GoatParty

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013

Please, Please, Please don't get an iPhone. the Moto X is a wonderful phone. The difference in cameras is very small. Android overall is better due to the fact that it is much more customizable and will be supported for a very long time.(Google designed the phone and supports it) and is much faster. Almost twice as much. Another good choice is the LG G2 or a HTC One(Own)

Doa672ug

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
I'd take a look at the Lumia 928. It's a windows phone
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg