Buying new laptop not needing it for high def gaming just for fallout 3 etc. spec below.. think its a good spec for £300?

DriftKing13

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
HP - 15-g092sa 15.6" Laptop - Black is the name of the laptop!

Processor AMD A8-6410 APU
RAM 8 GB DDR3L
GPU AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
Storage 1 TB HDD, 5400 rpm

Its going to be used mainly for low end games such as fallout series and RPG types nothing big! let me know if its worth it!

Solution
I prefer windows 7 aesthetics ultimately, but 8 has a much faster load time and often times less issues. Like the above says, you'd need to be detailed about the graphics chip that comes with this. By the by, I wouldn't go with anything HP for a gaming laptop, even though your needs seem minimalistic

sammy sung

Estimable
May 5, 2014
I prefer windows 7 aesthetics ultimately, but 8 has a much faster load time and often times less issues. Like the above says, you'd need to be detailed about the graphics chip that comes with this. By the by, I wouldn't go with anything HP for a gaming laptop, even though your needs seem minimalistic

Solution

DriftKing13

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Its mainly for University studies and I play the odd game but my desktop can run anything on Ultra thats for the big games, the laptop will be for Visual studio and the odd game to pass time... the R5 Series is all the information ive been given as I am picking it up tomorrow

sammy sung

Estimable
May 5, 2014
Yeah, visual studio to my knowledge isn't that demanding. But I'm only familiar with the '08 version, so some time has passed. An R5-xxx should be sufficient. But to be safe, if you wanna list some of the "random" games you'd be playing, we could give you a better idea of your capabilities/limitations

DriftKing13

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Ah thanks for the info! appreciate it, games such as New Vegas, Sims, FM, RPG Games mainly, possibly Pes 2015 too which should not use too much capabilites of a machine, my weakness is laptops thus asking for info as I am keeping the price of the laptop under £400 if you can recommend laptops id be happy to look into it