Question Buzzing from right speaker channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2020
I have a simple turntable/receiver/speaker stereo setup. Recently the right speaker started buzzing—exclusively buzzing, no other audio output at all. I tried both speakers with the left channel, and both worked fine. I tried both with the right channel; only buzzing from both. Concluding the receiver was to blame, I bought a new one—and the exact same thing is happening. Both speakers work with the left channels, neither works with the right. I can’t have bought a defective new receiver that just so happens to have the exact same problem as the old one, right? Any ideas?

Oct 23, 2020
I have a simple turntable/receiver/speaker stereo setup. Recently the right speaker started buzzing—exclusively buzzing, no other audio output at all. I tried both speakers with the left channel, and both worked fine. I tried both with the right channel; only buzzing from both. Concluding the receiver was to blame, I bought a new one—and the exact same thing is happening. Both speakers work with the left channels, neither works with the right. I can’t have bought a defective new receiver that just so happens to have the exact same problem as the old one, right? Any ideas?
I figured it out. Bad cord connectbetween turntable and receiver. Guess I got a nice new receiver out of it, anyway!

Reactions: mejustsayin
Status
Not open for further replies.