Buzzing in headset when playing games help

Dracanisa

Estimable
Nov 16, 2015
I have a desktop computer. I built it (I bought the parts and my brother put it together) and anytime I play games on it, my headset makes this awful buzzing sound. And it intensifies when I move the mouse around. I don't know what exact computer specs are needed, I'm just going to list them all...

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Intel Core I7-4770K CPU @3.50GHz
32 GB RAM
GPU: GeForce GTX760
1TB Sandisk HD
1000W power source
Turtle Beach X12 headset

It doesn't matter what game I play it makes this buzzing noise. It also makes these noises when I am using my animation software (Autodesk products, ZBrush, Adobe Flash) If it's just showing desktop or browsing facebook, it doesn't make the noise. I can even hear it if I am listening to music.

I have no idea how to work with audio settings, so if you have suggestions PLEASE say step by step because I don't know how to access it. I'm sorry if I sound ignorant.

Thanks for your time and help.

galeener

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Im sorry I cant help as much as I would like first try just unpluging the mike and see if you still get a buzz sound also you may want to switch the usb to another usb port. Also asking questions is far from looking ignorant it shows you are trying and want to figure stuff out.

Dracanisa

Estimable
Nov 16, 2015

Thank you for replying. I have tried both of those suggestions. Even switching from the front panel of the computer to the back of the tower. I've tried with cheap ear buds and apple brand earbuds and have the same effect. I've looked at other forum posts with these questions and some of the people are saying things like you have to change the frequencies or it could be electronic interference or other things. So I just felt really stupid. It doesn't make the noise when I play through my speakers, but I can't play with my speakers on because I share a room with someone in a college dorm.

Its mostly noticeable when I play The Sims games or Starcraft without the game music on. If I'm playing Skyrim or Dragon Age, its not as noticeable and annoying.

galeener

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Ya it does sound like some kind of feed back or some thing it maybe that a bad ground as you say it does it with earbuds also. Ok try this go into your computer and reseat all the cables see if that helps it may or may not. If it does freat if not it may be your onboard sound may have a dirty signal what mother board do you have.

Dracanisa

Estimable
Nov 16, 2015

Here's where I start to sound dumb. I didn't put it together. What do you mean by reseating the cables and what does "freat" mean?

My mother board is a MSI Z87-G45 (link to more info on it, got it from newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130693 )

I just bought the parts, my brother put it together for me.

galeener

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
a typo for great see i cant even type lol. Another thing you could do is uninstall the audio drivers and re install the latest ones on the web sight for you motherboard audio. To re seat the cable you would have to power the system off unplug it and make sure all the plugs and connectors on the inside are fully seated (pushed in all the way) or call your bro and invite him up for the week end and make him do it ;)

Dracanisa

Estimable
Nov 16, 2015

Lol its okay. I have issues typing most days. I should make him come fix it. He was supposed to do some nice cable management but the inside of my tower is a bit messy. I will try that tomorrow, its really late here (3am) and my roommate is in bed. It could possibly be a cable. Sometimes if I touch my computer it powers down and then pulsates like its breathing and won't turn on. Like, the LED's and the fans will kick on and off as if its literally breathing. Sometimes if I wiggle cords it will come back on (of course I make sure its completely powered down and unplugged from the wall before I mess around with stuff in there) (you can see it here: https://twitter.com/Dracanisa/status/649282573638729728 )

I wonder if the two are related?
(Ps. I got it cleaned so it's not as filthy as in the video)

galeener

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Well it looks like mine on days im messing around in it. But yes it could be the cable and ya 3am is late go to bed there is always tomorrow to take a look and you can see better.. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what you find out.

Dracanisa

Estimable
Nov 16, 2015

Thank you. I will let you know more tomorrow. Thanks so much for your help and suggestions!

Dracanisa

Estimable
Nov 16, 2015

Hey there. Sorry I didn't give you progress update yesterday, the internet was out at my dorms due to severe winds. x.x

Okay so, I unplugged and plugged all the wires and connections and it still didn't do anything. I also made sure all of my drivers were updated (did this this morning). It still doesn't help. I did discover the buzzing is louder and the vibrations are slower when my headset is hooked up in the back of my tower, and its more high pitched and the vibrations are quicker (I hope this makes sense to you) when its hooked up on the front panel.

I did try lowering the bass control on my headset and it didn't really do anything either. Just made the sound super funky. (Sorry, I'm an animator, not an audio tech lol)

Speakers still are fine.

galeener

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Sounds like the audio may have a ground issue or something. I can't really tell with out being able to check it out. Maybe there is someone in the dorm that you trust that can have a look. I was hoping it was a loose cable or something sorry I could not help you more.