Solved! Buzzing sound when connecting Pebble speakers to desktop

Nov 29, 2018
When I plug in my desktop speakers to the audio port of my desktop, the sound works, but there is a very noticeable buzzing. I tried it on another computer and had the same issue, so I thought the speakers might be the problem. However, when I plug into the headphones port of any of my devices, there is no buzzing.

I bought a $10 ground loop adapter and that did nothing to fix the issue. What is the next step?

Also, while we're on the subject, are there any better speakers under $50 that you would recommend?

Solution
Logitech Z 313 (can differ in currency and price per country)

Logitech is a good inbetween brand. Not dirt cheap and bad quality, but not the most expensive and top ultra sound. They are good for normal tasks. Like they arent meant for music makers, but consumers.

Nmopt

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014
Bass too loud? Or treble too loud. One setting on the speakers is allllllllll the way up, creating the buzzing sound.

Good luck! Hope I answered your question!

(Could also be a bad aux cable but I assume you tested on this)

Nov 29, 2018

They're pretty basic speakers with just a volume nob. The buzzing is slightly noticable at medium volume, and very noticeable on high volume. The issue is the same with all my devices-- buzzes when plugged into the back audio port, and no buzzing when plugged into headphones jack.

Nov 29, 2018

What speakers would you recommend (under $50)

Nmopt

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014
Logitech Z 313 (can differ in currency and price per country)

Logitech is a good inbetween brand. Not dirt cheap and bad quality, but not the most expensive and top ultra sound. They are good for normal tasks. Like they arent meant for music makers, but consumers.

Solution