cablecard decrypter for my entire house

G

I am fed up with comcast's outrageous prices for boxes and I wonder if I would be able to buy a cable card decrypter that would hook up to my house. It would go like this:
Cable>decrypter>splitter>tvs in my house. Knowing that I would lose on demand, I was wondering if this was possibly with one cable card and without having to shell out 100s of dollars to get media center pcs. Where would I get this and how much would it cost? Thanks for any help

Solution
As Popatim states, you are somewhat stuck. What you're looking to do can be done, but not cheaply. Essentially, you would need your home wired for computer networking or Multimedia over Coaxial (MoCA). Once media distribution is worked out, you would then need a media source. Either an HTPC with Ceton InfiniTV4 cards installed, or a computer network with other cablecard ready devices attached. Finally, you'd need media extenders at each TV you wanted to receive cable TV at.

All in all, there is a hefty, up front cost, but the longer you stay in your current location and keep this networked solution running, it will pay for itself in the long run. It took me a couple years to recoup the $300 cost of my Ceton InfiniTV4 card, but...
As Popatim states, you are somewhat stuck. What you're looking to do can be done, but not cheaply. Essentially, you would need your home wired for computer networking or Multimedia over Coaxial (MoCA). Once media distribution is worked out, you would then need a media source. Either an HTPC with Ceton InfiniTV4 cards installed, or a computer network with other cablecard ready devices attached. Finally, you'd need media extenders at each TV you wanted to receive cable TV at.

All in all, there is a hefty, up front cost, but the longer you stay in your current location and keep this networked solution running, it will pay for itself in the long run. It took me a couple years to recoup the $300 cost of my Ceton InfiniTV4 card, but three years later, I'm still cable box free and loving it.

-Wolf sends

Solution
@Alabalcho - Yes, you need a cable card for each cablecard ready device, but my one Ceton InfiniTV4 card gives me four tuners which I can allocate to any other device on my computer network. In theory, I could watch four different cable channels at the same time from one cablecard. Without the HTPC and cablecard tuner, I'd need four set top boxes. As a Comcast subscriber, that would mean my first set top box is free with my subscription, the other three set top boxes would cost me $51/month ($17 each). With my cablecard solution, my first cable card is free with my subscription and I don't need other set top boxes.

Now, you do need some sort of media extenders to watch cable TV on other devices and assuming the home is networked for computers or MoCA devices, I could use something like the Ceton Echo. Yes, it costs up front, but given the ongoing lease of a set top box, in my area, each Ceton Echo pays for itself fairly quickly.

-Wolf sends