California Gets Heritage Status for Flag on Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socnom

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
My house was built in 1950. The money spend to build it was taxed. That tax monies went to NASA which allowed the US to land on the moon. Can I declare my house a State Historical Resource?

It amazes me how California is 20bil in debt, yet they spend money on stuff like this.

flaminggerbil

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Last time I checked, America and especially california do not own the moon. I hope some Russian chap goes and nicks the flag just to piss them off.

flaminggerbil

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Last time I checked, America and especially california do not own the moon. I hope some Russian chap goes and nicks the flag just to piss them off.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]FlamingGerbil[/nom]Last time I checked, America and especially california do not own the moon. I hope some Russian chap goes and nicks the flag just to piss them off.[/citation]

That would be more hilarious if he replaced it with a sign that reads "I CAPTURED YOUR FLAG, REDBLUWHITE TEAM!"

lowguppy

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
A flag on the moon does not exist on this world, let alone in a specific state. If they want it recognized, create a list of "Moon heritage sites"

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]Socnom[/nom]My house was built in 1950. The money spend to build it was taxed. That tax monies went to NASA which allowed the US to land on the moon. Can I declare my house a State Historical Resource?It amazes me how California is 20bil in debt, yet they spend money on stuff like this.[/citation]

its in debt because of large prison spending and the real estate bubble. and the article said nothing about spending. please read it next time.

Socnom

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
[citation][nom]duckmanx88[/nom]its in debt because of large prison spending and the real estate bubble. and the article said nothing about spending. please read it next time.[/citation]
I did read the article, that is why my analogy works. I did not say this is the only reason why they are in debt. Just making a point that while they are in debt, spending the courts time/money & the states time/money just to declare something that they do not own as theirs is an irresponsible waste of valuable government time/money.

flaminggerbil

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]That would be more hilarious if he replaced it with a sign that reads "I CAPTURED YOUR FLAG, REDBLUWHITE TEAM!"[/citation]
CTF on the moon? I see an opportunity for the first space olympic games here.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Socnom[/nom]It amazes me how California is 20bil in debt, yet they spend money on stuff like this.[/citation]

I did not read anywhere in the article that they spent any money just that:

"to have objects left behind on the Tranquility Base placed on the California's registry of historic landmarks and resources"

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Just goes to show how stupid California has become.... all that super liberal crap going on over there has apparently killed a few brain cells.

Now are they going to claim to own the Hubble telescope because some of the electronics in it were designed in the Silicon Valley? Or that everything discovery made with the Hubble belongs to them for the same reason?

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]FlamingGerbil[/nom]Last time I checked, America and especially california do not own the moon. I hope some Russian chap goes and nicks the flag just to piss them off.[/citation]

What is funny here is that traditionally people did use this method to claim property. "I claim this land..." yada yada... *sticks flag in ground.*

The U.S. gave up any chance of claiming the moon by such a method by later agreeing to a resolution that no one nation owns the moon. I'm pretty sure it was a U.N. resolution. I had to look it up for a paper I did on these (phony) websites that sell plots of moon-land as novelty gifts.

I think it is sad you're being such an asshole when we readily agreed on an international stage that no one nation should own the moon. However, that stuff up there is still ours and we're allowed to be proud of it.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Strange, I was not aware that being placed on a roster of historical places transferred ownership to the state...

/sarcasm

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
It didn't happen... we did not go there... stop shifting our minds away from what's happening right now... terrorists attacks and whatever stuff ur coming up with...

kato128

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
One of these days methinks they should point hubble at the moon and photograph the landing site to shut these moon landing conspiracy nuts up for good...

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008

Sure the United States own the Moon. Last time I checked other countries haven't planted their flag there yet. So since no one else has even been there its a colony of the United States.

I would like to visit this national park. How hard is it to get transportation to the moon?

pangedit

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
[citation][nom]jerreece[/nom]Just goes to show how stupid California has become.... all that super liberal crap going on over there has apparently killed a few brain cells.Now are they going to claim to own the Hubble telescope because some of the electronics in it were designed in the Silicon Valley? Or that everything discovery made with the Hubble belongs to them for the same reason?[/citation]

"The Historical Resources Commission says other states who played a significant role in getting men to the moon (New Mexico, Texas, Alabama and Florida) will follow in California's foot steps"

Oh crap! See what I did there?

Status
Not open for further replies.