Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - First Screens and Story Details

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

s997863

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
"nice typos, Michael. Did you finish 5th grade? "
to be fair, why bother prooefreading? would the COD target audience even notice?

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

CoD has become a cash grab, plain and simple. Every year a new one is out with only the story changing but the game itself never changes. As well it is always console focused so PCs never get a proper game anymore.

The only people who tend to buy it are either die hard fans, mostly because they don't know any better, or consolers.

I stopped buying them after CoD 2 when they started to push to consoles. After that the games just did nothing amazing.

bemused_fred

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
@24oz. I've been telling my friends I want a WW2 or Vietnam Battlefield game. Yea BFBC2 had the Vietnam DLC but I would love to see a full game on it.

Vietnam? God, I hope not. Considering that Battlefield Series' fetish for "realism", the gameplay would probably consist of napalming a village, running in to grenade the survivors and then getting your leg blown off by a sniper.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

There already has been two Vietnam games. One was pretty bad, I remember the spike traps particularly, and the other was Battlefield Vietnam which had all kinds of crazy stuff including jets which were hard as hell to pilot an was considered suicide.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
When I want to watch a carppy movie I go to a store and buy a 5 dollar DvD, not spend 60 dollas on call of duty.
When I want to play a game, I choose something better.
Starcraft 1 and 2 when want a multiplayer challange
Dark Souls when a sngle player challange,
Crysis, Stalker, Bioschok 1 and 2 when I want a good FPS
and Warframe, path of exile or left 4 dead 1 when I want to just have some fun online.

When I will want to torture myself, Ill get the next CoD.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
The day I want to torture myself with a 3 hour interactive movie Ill buy this crap.
Till then, Id rather spend my free time on games I actually enjoy.

Adroid

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Why do people still buy the new ones... I would never pay 60$ for another clone. I'll buy MW3 for the single player when it's around 15$
Last good one = Call of Duty : Modern Warfare

zakaron

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
I want a wizard FPS. Magicka the shooter. WW2, Modern day, and futuristic shooters have all been done to death. I want a Fantasy FPS!
If you don't mind older gameplay, you should check out Heretic / Hexen based on the original Doom engine. But they should bring back that dark fantasy world again.

Status
Not open for further replies.