'Call of Duty: Ghosts' Review Roundup

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSable

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
I absolutely loved the first few missions of Ghosts, and was blown away that CoD had actually done a really good job with single player for once.

Sadly, that changed rapidly not even halfway through - the number of quicktime events were disgusting. Doesn't IW know those should have been let alone to die in 2002?

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Oh my this series is getting so stale. I used to absolutely love getting this game now it's clearly a case of diminishing returns. I'll still get it, but I'm a sucker.

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
i stopped playing after mw2, it sucks that it didnt have dedicated servers.
yes i know COD single player is almost always better than BF's (not sure of the latest though), but the meat is in the Multiplayer. people spend hundreds (hitting 1k is not uncommon) of hours playing MP, while the single player lasts like 6hrs maybe?
yeah, im enjoying BF4 right now, still adjusting, lots of changes from bf3. Loving it so far, i just have to be better lol

hasten

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2007
I'm surprised anyone is surprised that CoD Ghosts would be the exact same as every other CoD. It's like Madden without the innovation - which sounds like an oxymoron, is unfortunately true.

I'm really enjoying BF4 even though it has been a struggle so far - I have an inner ear issue that is giving me vertigo and killing ability to play! Oh and the crashing and stats loss and lack of queue until a day ago and the struggling netcode... Still much better than any CoD I have played since BLOPS1...

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
I'm sad that after the PS4 was announced to run this game at higher resolution than XB1, they may have to lower the resolution on PS4 because of a worse frame rate on PS4. So that's probably contributing to the XB1 version outselling the PS4 version. It looks like Microsoft being shut-down, is going to take longer than I wished.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
after playing both and finishing both i gotta say i prefer cods single player.. it took me back to playing cod 4 with a gradual build up to a final battle that was worthy. especially if you put it next to bf4s lack luster 5 hour effort. yes it has faults but over all it is a return to form and outstrips the last 4 iterations of the cod franchise.

good points. a typical cod story or brotherhood and survival. loved the intro level. that was a step up gfx wise from past efforts. gameplay is what you expect from a cod title. lots of fast pace in your face action followed by little respites of cut scenes... gotta say there visual style for some of them was beautiful and disturbing.

bad... typical cod action. not enough new ground broken and no captain price...
had 1 driver crash and some poor load times.
lack luster final scenes that didnt do the rest of the game justice.
overall

a very solid 7/10 compared to bf4s 6/10... cant wait to play the multi with my squad although it wont be as tactical as bf4 it will be fun...

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
because the cod series has gotten so lazy that it banks on its franchise history to sell games. So they can produce any type of cod game regardless of how bad it is and fans of the series will still buy it or will ask their moms to buy it since the majority of cd fans are 10-16 year old kids. lol

ed d

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
CALL OF DUTY 4 REMAKE

Where they improved graphics massively and less buggy online ... i would happily buy that rather than all this new stuff

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Cookie cutter shooters. Like those EA sports games.
In my opinion, currently the best PC shooter is Arma3, what you can do with its scripting language is amazing.

all4spl

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
IW needs to stop making CoD games, because all they do is ruin the franchise. This release is worse than any since the launch of MW2. Locked FoV, no ping indicators of any kind, muddy graphics even on high end PCs and stuttering/glitching all over the place.

Now the question is, how many hacks are going to be out by this weekend and will IW even do anything to fix the game or combat hacks?

My bet is they will do nothing as they have in the past. (example MW3)

tomc100

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
If you've played COD4 then you've played all COD. No need to buy or play this game. The series target audience is for the 15 year old and younger crowd. Once you've grown over that age the series no longer interest you and you expect more from a game other than copy and paste the same engine, same animation, same mechanics, same voiceover, etc.

coolitic

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Why do I get the feeling that Gamespot and IGN get paid to write good reviews?

Or maybe they just want to sort of keep COD in balance so it doesn't come crashing down.

As for single games, it doesnt matter if new games are just remakes, that doesnt make the game bad, it makes the devs bad. Still, it is boring to play remakes over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.