bruinator

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
I am looking fora free software that someone uses that allows my computer the ability to have caller ID pop up telling me who is calling me before I have to answer the phone. If someone knows of such software please let me know. I prefer s/w where I DON'T NEED TO USE A DIAL-UP MODEM.

Thx

bhowell

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
I would think you would need VoIP for that. I could be wrong I don't use VoIP. I don't use Caller ID either other than my cell.

terryvi72

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
First some assumptions: I assume you want caller ID on your land line telephone and I assume you subscribe to the caller ID service from your local telephone company. If these assumptions are correct, then you need to connect a telephone line to your computer and the only way I know to do that is through a dial up modem. Some modem manufacturers include caller ID software with their modems. If you don't have software here is a link. http://www.yes-tele.com/caller-id-software.html

If my assumptions are not correct and you want caller ID on a voip telephone, that's a different ball game entirely.

Please be more specific in what you are trying to do.