can a custom gaming laptop i am looking at be able to run the latest Valve games and some higher end games?

Ryan96

Estimable
Apr 1, 2014
I am looking at building a custom gaming laptop to play valve's current games on steam such as portal 2, counter strike: global offense and L4D 2. I would want it to be able to render lots of objects, effects and players on Garry's mod.
and maybe higher end games like crisis 2 or far cry 3.

I would like to play these games at a high graphics setting and good frame rate, like around 60 or higher.

The specs:

CPU: Intel 4th generation dual core i5-4310M mobile CPU @ 2.7GHz (Supports Hyper-Threading and can turbo up to 3.4GHz)
RAM: 1 x 8GB DDR3 Memory.
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 870M 6.0GB DDR5 VRAM

Solution
Building a laptop yourself isn't really the done thing since its not worth the money. If you want a custom spec one then xoticpc.com for the USA is your best place to start in looking at the sager models.
oh and BTW you'll want an I7 4700MQ quad core, dual cores ain't really cutting the mustard for future games.
Building a laptop yourself isn't really the done thing since its not worth the money. If you want a custom spec one then xoticpc.com for the USA is your best place to start in looking at the sager models.
oh and BTW you'll want an I7 4700MQ quad core, dual cores ain't really cutting the mustard for future games.

Solution

Ryan96

Estimable
Apr 1, 2014

Ok, thanks