Question Looking for a laptop for school, work, and gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2022
I‘m looking into buying a laptop. i need some advice, though, since I’m not terribly familiar with them and their internal features/capabilities. I substitute teach, so I’m looking for one on the cheaper end that I can use for my graduate school assignments during free periods. My home computer is an iMac, so I‘m also looking for it to play lighter games and other software that it can’t run (particularly pokemon fan games, but maybe others). Any advice would be great! Thank you in advance!

1. What is your budget?
Low, though I would like to look at options I may have to save for a while to get

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Mid-ranged. Nothing specific.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Again, mid would be fine

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?
At least 7 hrs

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes. Low, maybe medium.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Schoolwork assignments for my master’s degree. This would probably mostly be text and maybe image or video editing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
128GB would probably be enough.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Nope

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Until it doesn’t work well anymore, haha

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I shouldn’t need one

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
As long as it’s a pc I’m good! I don’t want a Mac because I already have my desktop for that, and this time I want something that can run software for pc only.

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Last edited: