can a verizon samsung galaxy note 3 be put on straight talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

elburrito

Estimable
Nov 15, 2014
So I have a Samsung galaxy note 3 on Verizon and I was wondering if it could be put on straight talk ? Like would it have to be unlock or not . Please help

EXiimage

Estimable
Jan 15, 2015
Yes but call customer support for the SIM card. its a new option and the kit you can purchase in stores comes with 2 sim cards that wont work. you can get the one that works from Straight talk. I switched my verizon note 3 to straight talk 3 weeks ago. I havent figured out how to get the hotspot feature to work but everything else is working fine.

Oppolo

Estimable
Feb 2, 2015

How did you change the APN on your Verizon Note 3? I couldn't change it. The (plus) add APN button and the menu button doesn't give me any options.

Feb 15, 2015

The bad newd. No can do brother. Wrong kind of phone. and I regret to inform you that rooting your phone is not going to help. Rooting an and rid phone has its advantages ie. root acceess. However, rooting ur verizon phone will eliminate ur automatic verizon factory firmware & op-system updates and eliminate your factory warranty. C http//xda.com for details.

Your best shot is to negotiate the best deal you can with Verizon on an unlimited all inclusive deal. If you look around there a if you look around there R decent discounts.

The good news. Depending upon where you live check out how many repeating towers are in your district. There are 24 in mine, all owned by a company called Alltel who incidentally owns most of the cell towers in America. In my case verizon exclusively leases 17 of the 24 towers. in layman's terms that means the coverage is killer.

In actuality there is absolutely nothing price wise, utility wise or otherwise to be gained by switching your service carrier to another we're it possible and its not. Be satisfied that you got the best and there's a store on every corner. I wanted and bought a new Note 3 from T-Mobile. Love the samsung galaxy note 3 and hate T Mobile. Hope this helped a bit. See you.

Keir Rasmussen

Estimable
Feb 27, 2015

dawnforson

Estimable
Mar 26, 2015
All Verizon 4G LTE devices are network unlocked straight out of the box. So if you want to cancel your Verizon service and head somewhere else, you’ll only need to meet the following requirements:

If your phone was purchased on a two-year contract, you must have fulfilled the terms of your service plan – all 24 months of payments must be made, and you’ll need an account in good standing.
If your phone has been financed via Verizon Edge, you must have paid off the device completely and again, have an account with no overdue bills.
The device itself must not be reported as lost or stolen, and can’t be associated with fraudulent activity.
Straight talks new verizon SIM is only 99 cents free shipping right now. go for it!

cgallaway

Estimable
Apr 12, 2015

I hate to tell you, but Verizon bought out Alltel over 5 years ago.

martinassociate

Estimable
Apr 24, 2015

Yes you can. I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Straight-Talk. I combined 2 different Straight-Talk settings and used my att Sim card pack from Straight-Talk. Everything works, data, pics, SMS, all messaging.

skylicker

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015

I get "number not found" message everytime I try to either Bluetooth tethering or hotspot. Have you had any success in getting these to work? I am using a Galaxy Note 3 originally from Verizon but did the byop with straight talk. I also think I may need to correct the apn settings if someone has info for me that would be great!

68charger440

Estimable
Jun 26, 2015

I had been locked out of straight talk a couple of years ago for supposedly tethering and creating a hotspot. It is against their terms of service. They also would not refund your money even if you prepaid a whole year up front so my advice is pay by the month and use the tether/hotspot real sparingly to avoid detection if you can even get it to work at all these days. They may have that functionality permanently blocked by now... at best you may be in for a cat and mouse game with them if you try to use it much.

freakshow85

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Ever been to jail? No? Well, it's like this in there. You have a bunch of people who have experienced something that doesn't even relate to you, or have heard stories from others. And they give you advice on how things work and what you need to do. They are most always wrong. We call these jailhouse lawyers.

Well, these posts you have above fall into the same class. Jailhouse lawyer answers.

You MUST call Straight Talk to make sure your EXACT phone model will be compatible with them. You can even just go to Straight Talk's website and do a live chat with someone and find out for SURE, within minutes, instead of gambling your money on a new phone listening to tomsguide members.

Boyd_1

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015
I bought a used Verizon Galaxy Note 2 on eBay. I took my active ATT sim card with my straight talk phone# from my broken galaxy google nexus.I never spoke to anyone at straight talk, put it in the Note 2 and it worked instantly for calls only, no texts. Tried a few APN's. Finally found one on YouTube that worked great. My Notification page still shows "This SIM card is from an unknown source". Besides that, this Verizon Note 2 has been Flawless using straight talk on ATT towers for 3 months now.

Karen171

Estimable
Nov 29, 2015

dennyrox

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016
ok first of this isnt jailhouse advice this is all fact. all samsung sim card enabled phones flashed with verizon software are compatible on straight talk. you need to either buy the sim card kit from straight talk online for a measley 99 cents or purchase at walmart that includes the one month refill card. make sure you get the correct size sim card either the micro or the mini sim card. you will get two different carrier cards at&t and the other one im not sure what carrier it is. I suggest using the at&t. follow the directions that come with the kit, insert the sim card into the sim card slot turn on the phone and within 30 minutes you phone will be active. you will have to change your apn settings that can be found on straighttalk.com and your data roaming setting has to be set for global. voila, A galaxy note 2,3,4 s3 s4 s5 from verizon working through straight talk on at&t towers. your network will show either E, H, or H+, dont worry its fine you will see no differance in speed but at&t isnt gonna let you on their 4g networks without paying they big monies.

Status
Not open for further replies.