Can files get infected by a keylogger

tags23

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
I highly assume i currently have a keylogger in my pc, so im in the looks to reinstall windows. I have 2 drives (SSD and HDD - each has one partition).

When i format, do i format both or just the SSD (C Drive), because i want to still keep alive some files which i have on the HDD. Or will the keylogger still be on the HDD?

Solution

Of those none would be considered a proper AV software...

Bitdefender
Kapersky
Norton Internet Security
Trend Micro

Take your pick, buy it, and install.
Remove the other drive and keep it in cold storage until you reformat and install proper, paid antivirus software! Malware can infect literally anything, what it infects depends on the version you are infected with, but any file can be replaced with malware if someone wants to do it.

tags23

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014

Laziness + i have everything important on 2FA. I'll try to reinstall tomorrow tho, hence this thread to make sure i get the best out of it.

Remember, only put the OS disk in until you have proper antivirus software installed! (unless you format both)

tags23

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014

I did scan the PC with 4 different AV's (some of them are definitely not proper as you said) Avast, NOD32, Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. Didn't find anything. Which AV would you suggest?

Of those none would be considered a proper AV software...

Bitdefender
Kapersky
Norton Internet Security
Trend Micro

Take your pick, buy it, and install.

Solution