can game mods have a virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadows1234

Estimable
Jul 18, 2014
OK first of i dont know what the heck is going on, i gotten 7 virus in less than a week they haven't been able to attack thanks to the antivirus protection but are still caught i also haven't even been using a web browser either in till now as i write this. This is crazy this is the most i gotten in years combined i run a scan but it comes out with atleast 5 threats just to name some eyeperfomer and rally double were the first detected now i as type there is another by the name of spirited.
But i dont know the cause it did start the same day skyrim got a worksop mod update but i want to know if it is possible to be linked to it before i delete all mods.

Gamer Cat

Estimable
May 11, 2015
It is quite possible for mods to have a virus attached to them; know where you get the mods and see if the site is trustworthy; you can also check how many downloads the mod received and all that. If it has a low amount of downloads, I wouldn't download it until it is confirmed safe. If it has a high amount of downloads, I would imagine it would be safer. Looking at all the reviews and comments on it is also ideal. :)

shadows1234

Estimable
Jul 18, 2014
ok seems to be cleaned now and all mods have been deleted but it still weird how all of a sudden im having many at once i hope it doesnt happen again, i really dont want to do a clean install. I cant believe now we can't even enjoy mods without now being afraid of a attack the gta 5 one wasn't even detected till a week later and many people got their info stolen what a world we live in

shadows1234

Estimable
Jul 18, 2014

i only download from steam workshop, but even if there was one that was malicious i don't get how steam let it stay maybe it hasnt been noticed by many people but im not taking chances i unsubscribing from every mod i have and start over fresh

Status
Not open for further replies.