Solved! Can I change os on emmc?

Nov 23, 2018
I've got a laptop Kiano Elegance 13.3. It has Windows 10 Pro preinstalled. Can I change the OS to Linux by any means?
The laptop has emmc

Solution
Sorry, I wasnt sufficiently explain it. That option list will grow if you plug in a USB CD unit or a USB Memory Stick/flash drive or whatever. It won;t properly work if there is no bootable system on whichever you plug in.

Use Windows to download your Linux choice - Mint is good in my storage PC and Kali works nicely on my mobile phone but pick your own choice.

Also download Rufus and follow the instructions to create a bootable drive. When the BIOS sniffs a bootable device, it will offer it as an option. That way you get to keep Windows 10 - you paid for it in the price of the device - and can run Linux from a Live CD or the stick.

You also have the choice to bin Windows and install Linux as the only Operating System.
Nov 23, 2018

so it seems like i accessed the bios and there are 2 options to boot:
1.From a boot partition on the emmc
2.From the windows boot manager
I tried to install linux via windows but I can't. Is there any way to override the system files from the boot partition with the linux ones in cmd?

Sorry, I wasnt sufficiently explain it. That option list will grow if you plug in a USB CD unit or a USB Memory Stick/flash drive or whatever. It won;t properly work if there is no bootable system on whichever you plug in.

Use Windows to download your Linux choice - Mint is good in my storage PC and Kali works nicely on my mobile phone but pick your own choice.

Also download Rufus and follow the instructions to create a bootable drive. When the BIOS sniffs a bootable device, it will offer it as an option. That way you get to keep Windows 10 - you paid for it in the price of the device - and can run Linux from a Live CD or the stick.

You also have the choice to bin Windows and install Linux as the only Operating System.

Solution
Nov 23, 2018

It doesn't give me the option to boot from anything else than those 2 options( Only UEFI: GenericnFlash Disk 8.07, Partition1)

Did you have something plugged into the USB Port? If it refuses to allow that as a bootable drive, you're stuck with Wndows 10.

In BIOS, do you see a setting named USB Legacy Support? Without that being Enabled, there is no power to the USB Ports until Windows cuts in.

Nov 23, 2018
Yes I've had the USB plugged in. I tried to download linux and when I restarted to continue installation I get some error, it says that there are files missing even if there aren't any. Can't I modify partition 1? So when it boots from it it will boot on linux?