Solved! Can I Connect a PC Keyboard to a Laptop

bytor54

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
I don't actually have a laptop, but with my bosses', you just plug the keyboard into one of the USB ports and it's "plug & play". You should have no problems I would think.

bytor54

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
I don't actually have a laptop, but with my bosses', you just plug the keyboard into one of the USB ports and it's "plug & play". You should have no problems I would think.

Crashman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

If it's a PS/2 keyboard and the laptop isn't like 10 years old, you'll need a PS/2 to USB adapter for the keyboard. If it's a USB keyboard, plug it in like you would any other USB device.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Laptop Tech Support 0
Skhaloo Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 18
B Laptop Tech Support 2
LeoLuca Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 4
F Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 4
Similar threads
Question Lenovo Ideapad 100m151BD-charging cable loose connection & body coming apart
Question Acer aspire not charging, it's model N19H1 and I have tried the battery reset and also removing all connected peripherals, please assist?
Question Need help connecting Old USB Harmon/Kardon SoundSticks and new 2021 Dell XPS laptop
Question Losing internet connection only when in browser.
Question Laptop Keyboard Turns Off - Turns Back On When Any USB is Disconnected/Connected
Question Keyboard misbehaving when connected to new motherboard
my hp elitebook 8460p windows 10 . the wifi button above the keyboard always stays orange. i tried press and holding it but no
My acer switch 10 screen keeps turning off. .it stays on if i leave screen connected to keyboard base but switches off when i
keyboard has issues after a kitten walked across it. 4 and t are connected y and 7 backspace won't and delete I think kitten s
Can´t connect my wireless keyboard with a generic bluetooth device.
need help connecting midi keyboard to laptop
Help with cable that connects the motherboard to the keyboard i have no idea what to do...
How to activate wireless connection without the F2+F3 button for Acer Aspire 5750Z
Laptop typing the letter "s" without a keyboard connected!
Acer Aspire V3 572-PG Keyboard not working [Ribbon Connection]
adapter wifi connection
Laptop Keyboard Wont Type Numbers and Another Keyboard Connected To Laptop via USB Port Types Double Different Letters
how do i turn on my internet connection on my laptop without the keyboard? On a dell inspiron?
Connection between wireless keyboard and mouse with laptop
Computer keyboard with a usb connection for a sony laptop computer

ASK THE COMMUNITY