Can I get a quick price check on this used laptop I'm trying to buy?

tony reali

Estimable
Jun 26, 2014
I'm looking for a laptop to buy but I want to buy used, and I found this one on Craigslist that looks to be in excellent condition, but there isn't much online about this specific laptop

ASUS model U47A-RHI7N15

■ 14" screen, 1336x768 display (I can't afford HD resolution thats why im buying used)

■ Has Windows 8.1 on it

■ 2.2 GHz i7-3632QM (3rd gen, quad core, ivy bridge) processor

■ 8 GB RAM

■ 1 TB HD (I plan to get one of those generic U47A optical bay hard drive caddies and put this HD in the optical slot and get an SSD for the primary slot)

■ 2 USB 3.0 slots, 1 USB 2.0 slot

■ Intel HD-4000 graphics (i will not be gaming)

■ Backlit keyboard

■ Windows 8 battery usage report says battery has 6% wear, gets over 5 hours battery life, and pretty intermittent laptop usage over the last year

■ Called asus regarding the serial number, warranty just ran out 3 months ago so laptop must be 1 year 3 months old (mfg date november 2012)

■ 4.4 lb = 2 kg

The person wants $400 for this, is it a good deal to go for? My current laptop that I've had for a few years and was already over a year old when I bought has been fine, the build quality is just mediocre so thinks are starting to wear down and this laptop is in that MBP-type design and looks a lot better, so that it has the specs to last for a good number of years

Joe_Kano

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
I agree with the other posters. It looks decent and the price is great.

However, I'd be weary to buy something like this over Craigslist. If you don't know the seller, he/she could be a chancer.

Also, if the seller isn't a shop, you'll be stuck on warranties, etc.

Lastly, run some diagnostics on it if you do decide to purchase it. Test the HDD, battery-life, etc.

There must be a reason the seller is getting rid of what seems to be a decent modern laptop. Hopefully, it isn't a bad reason.